17. my life so far

◖𓈈﹗﹙chapter seventeen﹚
❛ ▬▬ my life so far . . .

               Lilith Arduenn's days began at six in the morning and ended at ten at night

               Lilith Arduenn's days began at six in the morning and ended at ten at night. They were long, arduous, and often she would go to bed with her body covered in bruises and burns from failed potions. But Lilith never complained in the two months she had been in the coven, and she still remained the first to arrive for classes in Rowena Macleod's basement tower.

"I knew I was right about you," Rowena said, inspecting Lilith's cauldron. "Once you're done with the base, think about how you can enhance the potion. Have you been able to read the book I left for you?"

Lilith glanced at her notes. "Yes," she replied. "I was thinking of using a mix of black nazca and Mitz powder." She stirred the brewing potion with a wooden stick, and a gentle reddish vapor rose from it.

"Would anyone do it differently?" Rowena asked the rest of her students, who numbered only four. Mandy mentioned that it had been a generation since Rowena had any students.

"What Lilith suggests could be counterproductive," Coral Bens was the first voice to speak, as always. She was a tall, plump girl with short, red hair who liked to flaunt her prefect title and pure bloodline. Lilith couldn't stand her. "Black nazca has components that, when mixed with Mitz powder, can cause a combustion reaction and ruin the entire potion. That mixture works in only a few potions, preferably with cold ingredients. I would only use Mitz powder."

"And more witch's blood to give it a little more power and the essential material," Macey Garcia added, focused on chopping a purple plant.

"A healing potion," Rowena clarified for Lilith, continuing her rounds among the other tables.

"Add a eucalyptus leaf and three drops of a Salem potion. I made one last month and left it on the shelf."

Lilith was still getting used to her mentor's companions. They weren't talkative with her, didn't include her in their conversations, or ask how her day was going. Their friendship of years was evident among them, and Lilith was the new and unwelcome addition. She didn't understand why. From the outside, it seemed like Lilith would fit in perfectly with their group: all witches from a pure and powerful lineage, intelligent, and brimming with ambition. However, Lilith also didn't make an effort to integrate. She remained quiet, learning from the others, following the exclusive plan that Rowena had designed for her.

"Lilith," Rowena called from her desk, and judging by the expression on her face, it concerned Pandora. Lilith's eyes sparkled amidst the flickering flames. It was time! A smile formed on her lips. It was a significant step she was about to take; she would obtain her pyrokinesis stone, and her magic would become more powerful and strong. By the end of the day, she would be a little closer to reuniting with her mom.