15. you're a witch lilith

◖𓈈﹗ ﹙ chapter fifteen
❛ ▬▬ you're a witch lilith . . . ❜

Once again Lilith found herself wrapped in a dream

Once again Lilith found herself wrapped in a dream. Her consciousness awakened in the infinite darkness of emptiness, with only a door in the distance from which emanated a bright red light. She was tired of that dream! She hated not being able to wake up immediately. She had already tried before. Lilith walked towards the door with discouragement, feeling stuck in a boring and tedious loop. She knew the story from beginning to end: as soon as she tried to cross to the other side, she would wake up as if cable companies interrupted the best part of a movie with commercials.

She placed a hand on the golden doorknob and pushed it just a few centimeters. It was the farthest she had ever gotten. With adventurous eyes and more curiosity than fear, she ended up opening the rest of the door in one motion. Wow! So much intrigue for nothing! On the other side, another infinite room awaited her, occupied by very bright fluctuations of light. It was a disappointment for the young girl; she thought there would be something more exciting. She ventured into it, exchanging darkness for light, and continued on her way assuming that she would eventually find another door. However, upon closer inspection, what was dancing around her did not seem to be light. Its consistency resembled flames: in the center, she could make out a whitish core that degraded into the brightest red. It reminded her of a photograph she had seen of plasma state - if she wanted to give it a more scientific meaning - because her first idea had been magic.

"Isn't it beautiful?" the voice of an adult woman sounded around her, taking her by surprise. Lilith looked for her but couldn't find her.

"Magic?" she asked, it was a dream and she was very aware of that.

"Yes, beautiful. Do you like it?" confirmed the woman.

Lilith tried to catch the fluctuating magic, wanting to see how it looked emanating from her own hands, but it had a life of its own and escaped.

"Yes, I like it."

"Magic is a gift, a privilege. Many covet it, go crazy for the feeling of power that they are capable of doing atrocities for a meager drop. Those who obtain it indecently will never know the special bond that arises between a natural witch and magic, the same one that I am showing you. I want to help you grow in this world, and if you give me the opportunity, I can answer all your questions, especially the one that is causing you so much suffering."

When she momentarily left her childish excitement for a dream that involved magic, she swore she felt a horrible chill in real life. She was no longer enjoying the dream at all; she wanted to wake up. After the altercations with the witches, she would not tolerate her mind playing perversely.