13. crybaby

◖𓈈﹗ ﹙ chapter thirteen
❛ ▬▬ crybaby. . . ❜

Wix had past since the last time the brothers were at Bobby Singer's house

Wix had past since the last time the brothers were at Bobby Singer's house. Lilith had been texting with Sam about a case involving a traveling circus and a clown chair. The trip had been helpful in settling Dean's emotions for the first time since their father's death. The older Winchester had opened up to someone about how he felt, despite doing so aggressively, and had shown genuine signs of how he was feeling. Lilith had seen them talking for a long time after returning from the case on a sunny afternoon while the Impala was being repaired. It seemed to have culminated in the distant and silent behavior of Dean, but something still remained unchanged: his strange looks towards the younger ones.

Sam and Dean had finally returned to the road with the Impala looking great. The work done by Dean was impressive; he had made it look like it had just come out of the dealership! Telling him to his face had given him a big smile, and then finding a case about some chopped off heads and a pile of dead cows made his brother even happier. He packed his bag in less than five minutes and came down intoxicated with excitement that left her speechless.

Home alone - well, with Bobby - she spent her time reading the book sent by Osam Hopkins that explained the organization of modern witches. She had learned much more than most of Bobby's books; the legends of centuries ago were interesting, witches portrayed as in horror stories served to provide a solid and real historical basis. She read about a being called "Shtriga," a kind of witch that fed on the life force of children. Those were monsters, but the witches she was interested in were more like humans.

The book she had was written just a couple of decades ago and talked about today's society and how witches hid within it. It was extremely interesting, and she thought that there must be the key. If she couldn't find the origin of that stupid seal or the reason behind some demons killing people who helped her, the current organization should do it.

There were many types of witches; some were natural, while others were students or gained magical abilities through selling their soul to a demon. Bobby had told her that the most common witches were very stupid humans who found a book of rituals and spells that actually worked, thus earning them a clean pass to heaven. The witches who were of the type that had tried to take her - and probably had her mother - were the purest and most powerful among the species. They were blessed by the universe to be born with a predisposition for practicing magic, and could acquire a gift towards a certain type of specialty, such as telekinesis, telepathy, or mind control. If she had known a couple of years ago, she would have thought it was the most wonderful thing in the world, but now she could only see it as a danger to her mother.

Every time the subject crossed her mind, she felt a fierce attack on her heart, an uncontrollable pressure that meant how much fear she had for her. What if she was taking too long to find her? What if it was already too late? She didn't want to think about it, she didn't want to because then she would sink to the bottom of a pit without an exit... Oh shit, it was happening.