36. hell

◖𓈈﹗ ﹙ capitulo thirty-six﹚
❛ ▬▬ HELL . . . ❜

 ❜

Running like an angel, she cried and couldn't see. Now everyone watches as she begins to fall. They want her to collapse, there will be a legend for her downfall. She's the original, she's unforgettable. She wants them to know she was cloned. The music resonated in the club, drowning Lilith's ears as she stood near some speakers; the euphoria of the moment made her scream when she saw Mandy pass by.

"Happy birthday, babe!" Mandy smiled at her and took a swig from the vodka bottle in her hand before walking away with her coven of mentor witches.

"Wow, that was so fake," Judas said beside her, brushing aside the platinum hair that obscured Lilith's face. He had bleached his hair and added extensions cascading down to his waist like a cloud.

"I'm not being a good friend," Lilith replied, taking a shot of gin and tonic. "In my defense, I don't know how to have friends. I try my best with the track record I have: my best friend from high school died from not eating, Sam is missing and won't talk to me, and Mandy and Galilea hate me. I'm surprised she even invited me to her birthday."

"You're not doing anything wrong, my love," Dorian kissed her bare back and wrapped his arms around her waist. Lilith sat on top of him on a raised platform in the club. Dorian chatted with some of his high school friends while running his hand up her thigh, occasionally joining in the conversation with Judas. "Sometimes friendships need distance."

"Or maybe her friend doesn't yell 'stupid bitch' for taking the drugs out of her hand, right?"

"Well," Judas hesitated, leaning closer to her face. "Friends forgive. Give it time, things between you will improve."

Or maybe they wouldn't. Since she had started acquiring new powers, she had retreated into a bubble of books and drugs, accompanied by long sessions of sex with Dorian and Judas. The three of them enjoyed snorting cocaine and exploring every inch of each other's skin; Judas took her cheeks in his hands and bit her lips, kissing them to the rhythm of the music. Lilith grabbed her lower back, pulling her close and pressing their chests together, moaning loudly, but the music and people's screams drowned out her cries. A moment later, she shivered as she felt Dorian's kisses on her neck and his hands squeezing the nakedness of her hips, rocking her in his lap, exciting his member. Lilith had found just what she needed, a man and a woman.

"Want to go backstage? There's a room for screwing," Judas said, pulling away for a moment. He observed Lilith's face, moaning at Dorian's work, and leaned in, slowly trailing his fingers down to her belly, teasing the edge of her skirt.

"Yeah, let's go," Lilith got excited and got off Dorian, taking his hand and leading him through the crowd, following Judas.

That's how Lilith spent her time, at least, clearing her mind of the cemetery.