08. bobby singer

𓈈﹗﹙chapter eight﹚
❛ ▬▬ bobby singer . . . ❜

 ❜

                   At noon the brothers took her to Bobby Singer's house. Lilith had packed a suitcase with everything she needed for the rest of the summer vacation. Although no deadline had been agreed upon, she assumed she would not be left alone again until the matter of the witches and demons was cleared up.

              This was not the first vacation in the junkyard. As she dragged the suitcase along the dirt path between cars she remembered old times spent together with Sam and Dean as a child. The feelings that were blooming as a result of pleasant memories did not match the mood reflected on her face: staying at Bobby's house was an adventure. Usually her mother had to go on a work trip, and since she didn't trust any babysitter —Lilith had taken care of that— she decided to leave her in the hunter's care. If it was already fun to be left alone, it was even better when the brothers were there too. 

              She played all day long with Sam, they built shelters with sheets and wood where Dean was forbidden to enter because at that time he left them aside for  girls and television. Suddenly she remembered how one night Dean had promised to join them for their anniversary dinner, but ended up blowing them off by going to the movies with a girl. They had been so angry that they had enjoyed an entire pizza making fun of him and saying very rude things. The anger had lasted them all week: they didn't speak to him, ignored him and pretended he didn't exist; they only forgave him when Dean brought a dinosaur book for Sam and Lilith a rose with chocolates, which she then shared with Sam while reading amazing facts about dinosaurs. Lilith was sorry to lose that innocent excitement, she would give anything to go back to that time.

              She knocked three times on the door and seconds later it opened revealing the grumpy hunter. Bobby held her in his arms, and no matter how much time passed, she always wondered if this was what it felt like to be hugged by a father.

             "How are you, girl? And the boys?" He asked, peeking his head from behind her shoulders, and when he realized that no one else was there, he made an almost imperceptible grimace of sadness. "Leave your suitcase in your room. There's some coffee made if you want some, I think you need to reheat it."

            "I'm fine. The boys are after a werewolf, they told me it's a full moon today, they ran off," Her suitcase knocked over a pile of books and in a futile attempt to avoid it, her head hit some wooden protection symbols hanging from the walls by a thread. "I'm going to leave my stuff."

            "Okay, but hurry up, the guys told me a lot about what happened, I want to hear your side."

             Lilith nodded as she struggled to carry the suitcase up stairs that seemed about to collapse. Bobby's junkyard was a large house, inherited from his parents, which inside seemed to be much smaller due to the abysmal amount of books scattered everywhere, from the bathroom to the kitchen and from the attic to the basement. There were many curious and frightening objects, it was a museum of the supernatural. Upstairs were the bedrooms and the second bathroom. As in her house, he also had a room for the Winchesters and, of course, for Lilith as well. Bobby had never had children or plans to adopt any, but his house made it clear that it didn't just belong to a lonely, grumpy old man.