19. first mision

◖𓈈﹗ ﹙ chapter nineteen
❛ ▬▬ first mision . . . ❜

She had been worried throughout the entire trip to Salem, to the point that the pressure in her chest caused severe pain

She had been worried throughout the entire trip to Salem, to the point that the pressure in her chest caused severe pain. To travel more comfortably and quickly between airlines, she had left some of her books with Dean, and she would get them back from him when she had time. While waiting for her flight, she spoke with Bobby to arrange a visit. She needed information about demonology, and who better to ask than the man with one of the most complete collections of supernatural literature in the world. But she didn't have much time on her mind to think about anything other than her mentor's urgent call. She hated that kind of thing, uncertainty was not her forte.

She arrived at the coven in the late afternoon, with the sky blending with pink and orange hues above her blonde hair as she walked through the heart of the witches' forest. Despite living in the coven for several months, she hadn't yet memorized the way perfectly. She only knew that if she kept going straight, she would eventually cross paths with the always damp dirt trail that welcomed her with the tree with beast-like claws. It was creepy. Lilith left her footprints on fallen branches and leaves for quite some time until she spotted the peaks of the towers in the distance, lucky for her, and even luckier that she didn't encounter any wandering monsters. The damp path led her to the entrance of the coven, where Edith Rossi was waiting for her in a warrior's pose, her hands behind her back and her gaze attentive to the slightest noise, but she wasn't alone. She was accompanied by a person Lilith had seen in a photograph: Barbara Monsieti. That lady was part of the graduating class of 1986, and in the photograph that hung in the hallway, she held a sign welcoming a new witch. She was a close friend of her mother's.

"Did you have any trouble coming back?" Edith asked, opening the gates with her blue magic. Lilith shook her head. "The forest has been very quiet in the last few weeks," she informed with a tone of suspicion, as it wasn't normal. Maybe it had to do with Rowena's call.

Barbara Monsieti smiled at her excitedly. She had a long face, with a pointed chin, and her long, straight, jet-black hair made her look even more elongated. A sea of freckles covered her pale skin, concentrating around her nose, forehead, and near her chocolate-colored eyes. She appeared to be the same age as her mother, and was almost as tall as Edith, who stood at six feet three inches. Yes, she was a very tall and imposing woman, and Lilith was her number one fan. As the learned witches had told her, her mother and Barbara were very good friends and shared the same tower, so they considered themselves neighbors and practically lived like roommates.

"I've been wanting to meet you, Lilith!" Barbara said, hugging her as if she were part of her family, and she couldn't have been more pleasant, radiating good vibes. "I've seen many pictures of you, and I have to say you're even more beautiful in person."

"Thank you," Edith gestured for them to enter and she accompanied them into the interior of the coven. "I've heard a lot about you, and I really wanted to meet you. Were you good friends with my mom, right?"