28. my twenty one halloween

◖𓈈﹗ ﹙ chapter twenty-eight ﹚
❛ ▬▬ who's that girl? . . . ❜

"I remembered that as a child, I was a girl who was afraid of many things," she recalled

"I remembered that as a child, I was a girl who was afraid of many things," she recalled. "The first fear she had was of the darkness because she knew that monsters lived there. The second fear she remembered was being separated from her mother. One or two days away from home were fine if she spent them playing with her preschool friends or being with Sam and Dean at Bobby's house, but by the third day, she would already be crying and calling for her mom because she missed her so much. Eventually, as she grew up, she calmed down and understood that there were worse things to fear, like death, which she still struggled to express her thoughts about. She held it in great respect, and it was, at the time, the catalyst for understanding people's devotion to religions and, indeed, understanding and empathizing with the reasons behind certain actions. Religion became intertwined in people's lives, generating various purposes: some needed it to find peace within themselves, others to dictate the behavior of the masses to serve their interests, and others to save a loved one. The latter was the case for Lilith Arduenn. The regard for her person created a canvas that she herself painted, and only sometimes did the divine and ethereal truth seize her hand, proclaiming how sensitive and concerned her intentions were towards the select friendships she wanted to protect. Sam and Dean earned her love over the years, and in recent months, they had already become part of her heart, willing to do everything possible to help them. Now Lilith was involved in their lives from a different perspective, separate from being the only true friend who knew the supernatural world but still leading a normal life. Lilith was that friend who had the knowledge to assist them, in a magical sense of the word. Witchcraft was the bet that Sam and Lilith hoped would work.

And it was the downfall of the young witch.

The knowledge that expanded Lilith's options regarding her life's path, granting her abilities that would be unreal for the rest of the population, unfortunately fell short when faced with new adversities. It was curious to see how Maslow's pyramid changed in the supernatural worldview; someone should create an entire theory about it. It was impressive how a seemingly ordinary young girl could suddenly ascend most of the hierarchies overnight because witchcraft could provide her with everything necessary to never shed another tear. But the problems grew worse, as if it were the cassette's B-side, and witchcraft alone was not enough to solve them. And the blame lay with knowledge, a new fear.

The clock sitting on her nightstand showed three-thirty in the morning, another hour had passed. She picked up her cell phone and opened the conversation with Sam, her eyes dry and her neck sore."

Sammy boy

Anything?

Lili

Nope

Let me tell you, Sam, this Ruby is a fake and lying bitch.