dean's special

◖𓈈﹗ ﹙ chapter special
▬▬ dean's special: how to be a man . . . ❜

Dean Winchester was eight years old when he saw Lilith for the first time

Dean Winchester was eight years old when he saw Lilith for the first time. It had been a quick glance before his father started the engine and drove them to Minnesota for some ghosts that were bothering the patients in a psychiatric hospital. Regina, a woman who frequently took care of the Winchester brothers, had given birth to a baby girl as red as a tomato and with blond hair like fine golden strands. Dean thought that Dad wouldn't leave them in her care anymore. How could she take care of Sam and a baby? Dean didn't need taking care of, he could handle himself, and frankly, he thought he could take care of Sammy too. He did it 365 days a year. But the assumptions he made were wrong, and every time they passed through Massachusetts, they returned to Regina Arduenn's big, beautiful house, now also the home of her daughter, Lilith Venus Arduenn... what a name she had been given, and to top it off, she was born on Halloween.

He harbored a deep hatred for that house, mainly because it made them weak and made Sam accustomed to a life they would never have. At first, one or two years after their mom's death, Dean enjoyed staying at Regina's house or Bobby's salvage yard: he could watch TV all day, Regina cooked delicious meals, and he didn't have to worry about going hungry, there was a backyard where he played with a ball, and every weekend Regina gave him money to spend on long afternoons at the arcades. It was amazing until it wasn't anymore. One day his father found out what he was doing, and boy, did he receive a good scolding with punches that took weeks to heal. Dad was right, he was being a spoiled idiot wasting time on games. His duty was to take care of Sammy, and to do that, he needed to immerse himself in supernatural legends, learn about monsters and how to kill them, he needed to learn about weapons and self-defense, or the monsters would kill them due to his incompetence. How stupid he had been! Playing was for stupid kids, for ignorant and weak little girls. His father was a kind of superhero who hunted monsters at night, and as his sidekick, he had to follow his orders and prepare for when his time to fight came. It was Robin's training, he was Robin, and someday, he would be Batman.

But that house kept putting obstacles in his way. To begin with, Regina treated them like children, and Sam loved it. Home-cooked meals, a bedtime schedule (who the hell went to bed at eight o'clock?), trips to the park with Lilith, who always asked for caramel apples, and since Regina didn't refuse her requests, she bought them for her and also bought one for Sammy and another for him, which he accepted because they tasted good, and he couldn't waste a meal. And then there was school and math. He hated math, and he grew to hate it even more when the girl could solve equations that took him an eternity in seconds... damn it, even Sam was some kind of genius in all subjects.