06. breaking point

𓈈﹗﹙chapter six﹚
❛ ▬▬ breaking point. . . ❜

 ❜

                   Vanessa Smith's words has resonated in Lilith's head like a melody she never wanted to hear again, nor its beginning or end; However, an inhuman energy forced her to repeat it over and over again, in a loop, like a broken record player, without resting for a moment. The minutes it took her to get up and excuse herself in the bathroom had seemed eternal and that sound in her mind overshadowed the calls that both brothers had made.

             She needed to be alone and think clearly. Emotions had clouded her judgment, like a great black storm that involved the entire sky and caught the sun's rays, something like this was happening with the young lady. Her mind thought of multiple things and all at the same time, one above the other, asking questions with frightening, crazy and coherent answers. She leaned both hands tightly on the sink, holding the full weight of her torso, and opened the tap water to soak her burning nape of her neck. Really the last thing she wanted was to find herself crying in the bathroom of a bar for a mystery that was not part of her ordinary life. The existence of the supernatural world had never been hers, as it was with Sam and Dean who had that misfortune since childhood, a supposed accident that to this day the Winchester family was trying to discover. Her interest in the supernatural change over time, but her mother had told her only one thing: that's not a life for you.

              Lilith came to experience a horrible sensation where the pressure was rising and the heat was turning on her body. She closed her eyes filling her lungs with air to seek the desired calm and reach a state with which she could think with a cold mind. The interruption of emotions was never helpful for the young woman, they turned her into everything her mother did not teach her to deal with the outside world. When she breathed normally again, she showed her best role to an invisible audience. Maybe she hadn't had enough time to recreate a fitting appearance: the mirror was a magical canvas on which only Lilith was able to see each of her imperfections beneath poor body language and makeup that had run off.

             Recomposing herself, she accepted that it was neither the time nor the place to suffer an emotional imbalance. She left the bathroom a couple of minutes later, when the crimson color her face had adopted faded; however, she did not advance much further from the door because she collided with the giant body of Sam Winchester.

             "Hey!" lilith raised her head to look at the pairs of eyes that returned a worry that afflicted Lilith's emotions. "Are you okay?"

             "Yes, I just needed to calm down," she replied, and suddenly she didn't know what else to say. Her voice froze and her mind was in a universe full of theories.

              "Come on, Dean went to follow the lady," Sam gently took her hand and guided her to the exit passing between tables with people enjoying a pleasant night, very different from the one she was experiencing.