015

Charlie was scared, terrified even, she had never experienced a storm or hurricanes before but now she knew she didn't like it.

She didn't like lightning that flashed through the curtains or the loudness of the thunder.

But sh1e couldn't do anything, all she could do is sit in the bed She shared with wilbur and cry, sob quietly.

Wilbur was sleeping, she knew he had been stressed recently, she didn't know why though, but she knew he needed the extra sleep.

She didn't know what to do, she tried to cuddle into him for comfort but that gave none, she needed reassurance that everything was okay.

Charlie could hear people talking in another room but she wasn't sure what to do, should she venture out into the unknown darkness, where the monsters could lurk or should she stay by herself in the dark, listening to thunder, lightning and wilburs soft snores.

Charlie gave up when another flash of lightning flashed followed by loud thunder, she jumped in fear, grabbing her stuffed bear Billy and running out of the room, shutting the door quietly behind her before running towards where the sound was coming from.

Once she came to the source of the sound she was in the lounge, where pillows were piled on the sofa along with a few blankets and a quilt.

Karl and George were sat together watching a movie, charlie slowly and hesitantly walked towards them before another flash of lightning hit and loud thunder followed, charlie let out a loud yelp and ran towards the sofa with a small cry.

Both Karl and George turned around and looked towards her, Charlie's face was red and tear stained, her purple pyjama sleeve was soaked from the tears she had been wiping with it.

Karl stood up, lifting the blanket off of himself and walked the remaining way to charlie, picking her up, holding her tightly to his chest, shushing her comfortingly as she stroked her hair.

Charlie sobbed into his sweater, hugging Karl tightly as he walked them over to the sofa so she could sit down.

Once they sat, charlie snuggled into the blanket and hugged Karl, George stroking her back softly with his thumb.

"Are you scared of the hurricane charlie?" Kark asked her softly, trying not to be loud so it didn't scare her anymore.

Charlie only nodded in response, jumping when another round of thunder came.

"Aww it's okay Charlie, take some deep breaths okay" Karl told her, taking note of her irregular heavy breathing.

Once Charlie's breathing had regulated George spoke up.

"Hey why don't we watch some cartoons on the tv"

"Yeahh, that's a great idea, give me a second I'll go get you a drink, water or juice?" Karl asked her, moving her slowly closer to George and standing up.

"C-c-could I have some j-juice please" she croaked, now cuddling into George who held her softly, her head pulled into his chest so she could listen to his heartbeat instead of focusing on the storm.

"Sure I'll be right back" Karl told them walking into the kitchen.

"Your gonna be okay Charlie, there's nothing wrong with a hurricane, sometimes it's good" George told her as he looked through the tv to find a cartoon Charlie would like.

The girl tilted her head in confusion, looking up at the brunette who smiled down at her, he was glad he could distract her from the storm surrounding the house.

"Yeah, the rain is gonna help the plants and flowers grow and then there's going to be so much more butterflies and guess what else there will be more of.." George said, acting shocked as he spoke.

Charlie eyes widened in interest as she gazed up at him, she help two of his fingers in her hand so she still had the comfort of his touch.

"Thers going to be fairies!" He told her in excitement, of course he knew there wouldn't actually be any fairies saying around after the storm but he needed something to make storms seem cool.

"Fairies?!" Charlie whispered loud enough that he could hear her.

She was smiling, it made George smile too, he was glad he was able to comfort her.

"Yeah they always come after a hurricane and they help clear up the place before they go back to their special fairy garden" he said to her in disbelief.

"Can we go see the fairies tommorow?" Charlie asked him.

"We can try but we might not succeed, the fairies like to hide" George told her with a fake pout.

Charlie didnt reply verbally to george, instead she rea he'd her hands up to his face and squeezed his cheeks  up into a smile.

Karl was quick to come back with juice for Charlie alongside a monster for himself and George.

He could see Charlie shaking, quivering in her seat, she was Tring to hide it but it was obvious, she was trembling.

"Come here Charlie" Karl told her, handing george his drink and placing his own on the floor.

Charlie climbed over to him and sat on his lap, he stoked her leg softly as she slowly sipped on the carton of orange juice that Karl had provided her with.

George had turned on adventure time so they could all sit and watch, he had turned the sound up louder than usual in attempts to cancel out the thunder.

Charlie watched the show intensely, she loved the bright colours and the theme tune.

She liked most of the characters but her favourite was jake, she loved dogs, not as much as she loved cats but she liked them nonetheless.

After only two episodes Charlie was out, the thunder and lightning not bothering her peaceful slumber.

It was quite late now, or early? Karl and George thought it would be best for them to all sleep downstairs with Charlie so whe wouldn't get scared If she woke up again.

Soon both of the men were asleep too, all three cuddled up close together.