051

charlie had fallen asleep and the doctors had told john to go home and get some rest, he would be allowed to come back to see her in the morning, he was reluctant in agreeing but it would be for the best, the hospital chairs were uncomfortable to sleep on and he desperately needed a shower, but he didnt want to leave charlie alone.

he didnt want her to wake up without anyone being with her, she must be so confused, it cant be good for a child so young to be feeling like this.

but he couldnt comfort her and look after her if he was too tired to do anything, that, and he didnt want to fall back into his old habits from after the accident, he couldnt imagine how hard that must have been for charlie, not only did her father and brother die, but he was horrible to her, he didnt want to put her through that ever again.

john frowned as he unlocked the door to their house, he saw both his son and husband sat in their living room, they had on clean clothes but their eyes were both swollen and red, nobody could imagine how much that little girl meant to all of them.

"i thought you were staying with charlie at the hospital?" leo asked him, standing up from his seat to embrace his husband in a much needed hug.

"yeah i know, they sent me home to sleep and wash up, she fell asleep before i left" john mumbled into his husbands shoulder.

"how is she feeling, can i go see her, dont worry about taking me, ill get the subway" jamie exclaimed, desperate to see his little sister, he too didnt want charlie to be alone, and he gathered that his parents probably wanted some alone time to talk and comfort eachother.

"i think she'd like that, then she can wake up to a familiar face, right honey?" leo told his son, he was trying to lighten the mood, he knew how hard this must be for his husband, john simply nodded in response, pulling away from his husbands embrace and walking towards their bedroom, shutting the door behind him, leo and jamie glanced at eachother in worry.

"do you think he'll be okay?" jamie asked his dad who looked down at his feet, "honestly? i dont think so, but we just have to do everything we can to help him" 

./////.

john was deep in thought when his husband entered the room, laying down beside him on the bed, taking his hand and giving it a soft squeeze of reassurance.

"she'll be okay john, she can fight this okay" leo told him with a soft smile on his face, he was upset too, but he didnt want his husband to resort back to drinking like last time.

"but what  if she isn't, i dont think i can handle anyone else i love dying" at that moment john broke down, sobs could be heard echoing throughout the house, "i cant lose her leo" he cried.

"she's going to be okay john, she'll be okay" he reassured, but if he was telling the truth, he didnt know that himself.

a/n: okay so i like writing angst... shoot me okay i know you guys all want a happy ending but im feeling sadistic okay, sorry in advance :)