049

after that night charlie seemed to have forgotten about her conversation with jamie, and he eventually did too, the family now had other things to focus on, alot had started to happen, and it wasnt good.

her parents and brother knew, but charlie was still clueless, she just thought she hadnt been feeling well, but she was being naive because of her age, her family knew otherwise, they were planning to take her to the doctors but with work, her fathers had been way too busy.

charlie had been losing her appetite, she hardly even ate anything given to her anymore, she was paler that usual and she had begun to loose weight, resulting in a frail look to the girl, her family was trying to stay optimistic about things but it was hard to see the light in their lives look so ill.

but everything changed one day, charlie was sat in jamies room on a weekend, they were both just playing with her dolls, making them talk and move around, both of the siblings enjoying their time together greatly, giggles and laughter could be heard all throughout the house as they played.

but the world seemed to stop when charlie stopped her giggles and began to cough, jamie though that she might have just lost her breath because of laughing so much. but her spluttering wasnt stopping, and it only seemed to get worse.

jamie wrapped an arm around her as tears began to build in her eyes, everything was happening do fast, he shouted for their father's who came rushing in, only to see their daughter, clutching her throat with one hand and coughing into the other, they rushed towards her and after another minute or so, she stopped coughing, she slowly pulled away her hand, feeling a warm liquid coating it.

as she pulled away her hand, everyone gasped, blood dripped from her lips, hey looked down to see the red liquid coating her hand as well.

leo fumbled to grab his phone to call an ambulance, jamie was frozen in shock as he stared down at his little sister that not long ago had he promised to protect, and john was quick to embrace the little girl, trying to distract her, not wanting her to worry too much.

this was all too much for a child. and john was fearing the worst, he didnt want this to happen to another of his children, after all his first son had died as a child, he was only sixteen at the time, john had to watch both his son and husband die, charlie was his only biological family left and he couldnt just sit there and watch her die too.

a/n: hehe i said there would be angst