028

"Mr adams, there has been past reports of disturbances at your home, we were told that one of your neighbours has seen charlie with bruises and cuts  and they have heard screaming, from both yourself and young charlie, there has been instances in the past where Charlie has gone to the hospital for her injuries, do you have any response to these allegations?" Andrew, wilburs lawyer asked him, it was almost time fir John to come of the stand, then it would be wilburs turn to testimony. In some sick way it felt like children arguing over a toy.

"Uhm, well all I can really say in response to that is as I've stated previously its true, when my husband and son died, it felt like I had lost a piece of me, a big part of my life was gone and I turned to alcohol and i was constantly drunk, and in the back of my mind I knew what I was doing was wrong but It felt like I wasn't in control of my own body, and I'd get angry at her, I think I was projecting my anger onto her, I guess I was using her to relieve my own pain, and I know how wrong it is snd i regret it so much but I feel I have gotten better and I have suffered enough by not having charlie by my side" he told everyone, farming awes when he mentioned his dead husband and son.

Only now did wilbur realise what charlie truly meant when she spoke to the actor playing rapunzel at disnet, her  father was dead, but charlie didn't understand that she just  thought he was asleep and not waking up, he didn't have the heart to tell her the truth, he'd let somebody else break her tiny little heart.

Wilbur scoffed when john said that 'It felt like I wasn't in control of my own body', that just doesn't happen when you drink alcohol, thus guy was obviously just sick in the head, he was a child abuser, there is no way the judge would allow charlie to go back to that, it would be cruel to send her back.

Either John was a cruel person or he was mentally ill, wilbur, as bad as it probably sounds if he would ever say it out loud, deep down he hoped that it was the latter of the two, at least mental illness could possible be helped, if John was just a horrible man there was no changing that.

Charlie had fallen asleep whilst leant on wilburs shoulder an hour into the hearing, he hated that  he even thought of it but he hoped that this image of father daughter bonding would help his case in the views of the judge.

Wilbur was worried, he had seen how the judge seemed to like John's story, John looked competent enough to take care of  charlie, he looked better, like he was in a good mindset, and his sob story about his dead husband and son, really helped his case.

But all of that didn't help the trauma that charlie endured, he was the cause of her constant nightmares, he was the reason she had a stutter and was nervous infront of new people, mainly men. That was unforgivable.

"I think it would be good for Charlotte to come back under my clients care, she's a young girl, she shouldn't be around a bunch of immature adults and teenagers, as you all should probably know, will gold, or should I say, wilbur soot. Is a musician and online streamer, in a nutshell, Mr gold plays games for a living, what kind of image does that give young children like Charlotte, when other children her age are dreaming about becoming pilots and doctors, or explorers, Charlotte would be aspiring to become a streamer, playing games are for children, not grown adults" Martha Wingham told the court, wilbur was shocked, using his own job against him, he was offended, and this did not look good infront of the judge.

John Adams looked just as shocked as wilbur was, but maybe he was faking it, then again he looked genuinely angry with Martha, angry that she had said that? had he told her not to use that against wilbur?

"Mr adams, what is your job at this current time?" She asked him, paying no mind to the scowl on his face directed at her.

"I-uhm, I'm an office manager, I make roughly 50k a year" he told the room, of course wilbur got so much more that that, he earned more than 400k annually, but for the average person, 50k was alot.

Wilbur was asking himself why this was all happening ot him, why wasn't it happening to somebody else, why couldn't wilbur and Charlie live a simple and happy life together, was this not meant to be?

Was fighting for charlie against her true biological father really the best thing to do, he's so busy with lovejoy, making music and twitch, would he really have the time and resources to take care of a child?

Was it the right thing to take care of charlie when nobody else would?

Should he have walked past charlie in the rain and lived his life?

Questions were floating around wilburs head and all he could do is think, did he really do the right thing that day, wouldn't she be better off with a real family, or her own father? Probably but it wouldn't stop wolbur from fighting for her, he couldn't imagine his life anymore without charlie being a big part of it.

"Now. we have one of Mr Adam's neighbours to testimony"