034

"Are you okay Charlie? There's no need to be scared" Andrew told the little girl, getting as close as he could so he could offer her the much needed comfort. It mostly worked, the reassurance was definitely helping with her nerves.

"Okay so charlie, I'm going to be asking you a couple easy questions and all you have to do is answer them okay" Andrew said to her with a small reassuring smile on his face, he had a much better approach to this than Martha did, but wilbur had told him how to go about it, he knew what to do and what to expect when talking to her, he knew what she would speak about and what she wouldn't, he knew how to go about questioning her

Charlie nodded nervously, her knees were still up to her chest but she had brought her hands down so her face was in veiw.

"So charlie, what's your favourite thing to do, what do you enjoy" Andrew asked, throwing almost everybody off, nobody had expected him to ask that, but he knew what he was doing, he had a motive for his question.

Charlie had to think carefully about this question, she had so many things she loved to do with her life, she liked to colour and she liked when wilbur would read her bedtime stories.

She loved when they would watch Disney films in their matching princess pyjamas, all of the things she enjoyed doing linked back to wilbur, but charlie didn't know how to transfer this into words so other people would understand what she meant too.

"I-i like p-playing cars" Charlie said, thinking back to all the memories where she and wilbur were playing with little toy hot wheels, and ahe remembered the times where wilburs friends would join in on her fun and play with her. Sapnap was by far the best at playing cars with her, he made all the funny noises to go with it.

"That's wonderful charlie" Andrew told her with a bright smile on his face, he had been hoping she would've said something more specific, but charlie was still a little girl, he didn't know what to expect from her.

"So charlie, you like staying with wilbur don't you?" He asked her, charlie nodded looking over to wilbur at the mention of his name, he smiled and waved at her slightly, charlie smiled back, waving her hand too.

Everybody saw this interaction and found it absolutely adorable but it seemed that the judge, the only guy who really needed to see it was looking elsewhere in Martha's direction, more specifically, he was looking down her top.

"So charlie, why do you like staying with wilbur?" He asked her, knowing this should help their case alot.

"U-uhm..k-kind, f-f-funny, and he r-reads me bedtime stories, ooh and he s-sings good" Charlie said, she loved speaking about wilbur, she spoke about him with such pride that only a child hig speaking highly of their parents would have.

"Okay Charlie that's really good, I just have one last question is that okay?" He asked, sending her a reassuring grin.

Charlie merely nodded, she didn't feel like speaking but she didn't mind Andrews questions, they were different to Martha's, his questions were really easy.

"Did that man over there" Andrew began pointing to where John sat, "did he ever hurt you in any way" he asked, Andrew wasn't too sure if asking this question would be pushing her too far, nobody really knew her limits, nobody knew what she was comfortable speaking about, it was all sort of unknown.

Charlie nodded again, she had been doing alot of nodding today, Andrew knew not to push her any further, who knows what would happen, she already looked quite uncomfortable in her current situation.

"Okay thankyou charlie you did great do you wanna get down now" he asked her, coming closer so he could take her back to wilbur, it was one of his friends turn to speak now.

Charlie nodded, Andrew then walked over to her, picking her back up to take her back to wilbur.

As soon as she got down she went and hugged wilbur tightly, hiding her face in his chest, she didn't like speaking infront of a bunch of people, she felt like crying the whole time she was up there.

But now it was dreams turn to speak, wilbur had chosen him to speak as a friend, he decided that he was sensible, he wouldn't get too sensitive and say something stupid, he'd stick to the point and he wouldn't leave anything out.

"So, clay was it? Why is it you think Mr gold would be a better parent than my client" Martha asked the blonde man, "well miss, he's a genuine person, he's so kind and loving to charlie and everyone can see he absolutely adores that child, whereas your client, abused her, mentally and physically from what I've heard, he haunts her nightmares every night and your going to tell me taking her away from a loving home back to an abusive one is going to be better for her then your crazy" he stated, if he was fighting for wilbur then he was giung to fight he wasn't just going to give in to her dumb questions.

"My client is Charlie's biological father, and he has git the help that he needed, he just wants his daughter back" she told him sternly, the judge seemed to nod in agreement which worried those on Charlie's side who were watching.

"He gave up charlie when he left her out in the freezing cold to die, he had a choice to keep her, or he could've even given her to an adoption centre but he left her out in the cold and rain, if wilbur hadn't found her that day, god knows what would of happened" dream made a good point, charlie could've been taken by anyone or worse she could've died that night.

Wilbur thought about it alot, what would've happened if he didn't help her, would she have had a better, happier life or would she have been kidnapped and miserable.

Those thoughts always weighed down on him, would charlie be happier without him by her side?