020

When they got back Charlie still hadn't spoken, ranboo had placed her down on the sofa beside dream while tommy left to go find wilbur.

"She won't speak" ranboo whispered so those in the room could hear.

"Charlie what's wrong" wilbur asked as he walked through the door, he was concerned for her, tommy had told him what had happened but he was worried, she hadn't spoken?

She just sat there, dream moved for wilbur to sit down and gave him a nervous glance.

"Come on Charlie, speak to me" wilbur told her nervously, he placed a hand on her leg in attempt to comfort her but she just stared forward, almost zoned out, like she couldn't hear anything.

One small tear fell down her face.

"A-are y-y-you gon-gonna l-le-leave me, p-please don't le-leave me daddy, i-i don't want t-to go" Charlie sobbed, wilbur gasped slightly and pulled her into a hug, everybody else in the room decided to leave in order to give the two some time to talk and it was getting pretty serious in their and they didn't want to intrude.

"Oh Charlie I'd never leave you, your always gonna be with me okay, I'm never going to let you go, charlie, your the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm never goingg to give that away, at least not without a fight" he said to her, hugging her tightly whilst she sobbed.

It broke his heart to see her like this, his own child, he always wanted her to be happy but here she was, sobbing in his arms, asking if he was giving her away.

"B-but w-hy did t-ubbo I-I was g-going away" she cried.

"Tubbo was just abit confused, me and your old daddy have had a phone call and he wants you back, but listen Charlie, I'm not going to let that happen okay, I'm going to fight for you and we're going to stay together okay" wilbur told her sternly, not in an angry way though, he wanted her to understand that she was staying with him, he would never let her go easily.

Charlie was quite shocked, she didn't know anything about how bad her real father was, he wanted her back, bit she had found wilbur who was so much better.

She would be lying if she said she didn't miss him, but he had been gone for so long and wilbur treat her so much better, he never shouted at her, he never hit her or burned her with the tip of a cigarette, he was kind to her and he was loving, he was patient with her and never got angry.

He was helping her learn, and never got irritated when she couldn't quite do something, he would help her, try to teach her how.

"D-d-do i-i get t-to see h-im" she asked, it was wilburs turn to be shocked but then it hit him, charlie was only a child, she didn't understand the trauma she had been through, nobody had told her what her old father had done was wrong, even he hadn't told her anything, he didn't have the heart to tell her back then and he didn't have the heart to tell her now.

"I– yeah you'll see him" he sighed, letting a single tear slip from his eye before wiping it away.

"What's w-w-wrong d-daddy" Charlie stuttered, xhqrlie hated seeing her dad cry even if it was only a tear.

"Nothings wrong sweety, don't worry about it, come on, I bet your hungry, why don't we go get some food and you can tell me about your day, tommy told me you have a boyyyy friendddd" wilbur played, saying it teasingly.

"I don't approve Charlie, your way too young for a boyfriends but, whatever makes you happy I guess." He laughed, he was trying to lighten the mood but Charlie didn't really understand his jokes.

She did enjoy the ice cream he had given her, handing the rest of the cone over to wilbur "share" she told him with a giggle, the mood in the room had changed, charlie was happy, wilbur not so much but he would pretend for Charlie.

"Is it safe to come in now" alex asked, poking his head around the corner, flashing them a cheeky smile when he saw them happy.

"Yeah yeah, everyone can come back in I'm sorry" wilbur apologised, watching everyone pour back into the room and plop themselves down on the sofa.

There was a semi awkward silence for a while, which was ended by none other than sapnap.

"Let's get macdonalds" he said with a laugh  everyone laughed with him, it was so random but such a good idea.

That was a good night for Charlie, they got macdonals, she played video games and she won against dream, he had felt bad about her losing all her games so decided he would just let her win. After that she had to go to bed since most of the adults would be drinking but since Karl doesnt drink alcohol He got to come upstairs, tuck her into bed and read her a bedtime story.

"Once upon a time, in a land far far away, a princess sat in her tower, a very beautiful princess, with great personality, the princesses name was Charlie"

"That's me" she whispered in awe, her eyes widening in interest of his story, he chuckled slightly before continuing with his story.

"and she was the most sought after–"

"What does sot after meen" Charlie asked him, interrupting his story again.

"Uhm, it means all of the princes want to marry her" he told the little girl layed beside him.

"Okay" she replied, letting him know he could continue his story telling.

"The princesses name was Charlie and she was the most sought after princess in the entire kingdom, but she was stuck in a tour and nobody had succeeded in rescuing her for the 3 years she had lived, charlie felt lonely but it would be okay because th most handsome and charming and strong buff Knight was coming to the rescue–"

"What does buff mean" she asked him, once again interrupting his story but he didn't mind, "it's when somebody is extremely strong" he told her with a smile which she gladly returned.

"He was going to come to the rescue and his name, was Karl. Karl jacobs was the strongest man to live, and he was the coolest, he was going to rescue princess Charlie from that tower, Karl went on his adventure to find the tower on his trusty stead which he called sapnap–"

"What's a stead"

"A horse"

"Okay"

"Sapnap took him all the way to the tower, it was such a beautiful tower, with white stones covered in greenery, purple and pink flowers surrounding it"

"But what was inside was more beautiful and the Knight had to see for himself, he climbed the tower quickly, avoiding the loose rocks that collapsed underneath him, once at the top he climbed through the window and was met with the prettiest girl he had ever seen, she didn't compare with the pictures he had been shown, the two talked and they decided they wanted to be married, so they did, the Knight took princess Charlie out of the tower and they went and got married, the end" he told the little girl, seeing her eyes drooping in tiredness.

"Goodnight Charlie"

"Night night karl"