042

Wilbur was starting to get ill, during the lack of food and the quantity of alcohol he was consuming, but he couldn't bring himself to care. His british friends were getting back tonight, and he already knew that they'd be coming and knocking on his door.

Wilbur was going to stream, he had decided to do it as soon as he woke up, so that he wasn't too drunk and he could think straight, he decided to make it a small stream, just announcing what had happened recently and why he hadn't been streaming. To say he was nervous was a massive understatement.

People needed to know what had happened since charlie had already been revealed to them, but he didn't want people to go up  to her in the street with her dad and harass them, that's the last thing he wanted for her.

Wilbur looked at the stream in front of him, he looked like a mess, dark purple eyebags as a result of not sleeping for days, his hair was a mess and he just really didn't want to fix it, his stubble was... Well it was definitely there as he hadn't shaved since after the court case, there was really no need to it wasn't like he was going anywhere. His face was pale, almost ghostly looking, all of the colour and life drained away from him, it was creepy.

It freaked Wilbur out, he hated it but he couldn't bring himself to change it, he could honestly say he didn't care about what chat thought of him, especially not now, after everything that had happened he hoped that chat would have some compassion and not mention that he looked like shit.

But that obviously didn't work out, sometimes he felt like the internet was too invested in their favourite streamers private lives, some of them really needed to get lives.

"Uhm so chat, I have an important announcement to make" wilbur muttered, his voice barely being picked up by the mic, but he knew they could here him, his face was literally against the microphone, he just really couldn't be bothered being his usual self, it felt like way too much effort.

He hadn't even made the announcement and chat was already spamming about their theories and asking why he looked like shit.

"ha, I'm not sure how to explain this– well here goes, uhm, charlie isn't actually with me anymore, that's actually the reason I haven't been streaming" he told chat who were spamming, asking what had happened and what he meant.

"Well chat, there was a court case, and Charlie's biological father won, so now she is in his custody" wilbur said sheepishly, extremely embarrassed that his voice broke near the end of his sentence, he felt like crying just saying it out loud.

It was like reality was setting in, charlie was truly never coming back, it all felt so real and the emotions all came with it, he really didn't want to cry on stream though.

Be was drawn, he could most likely hold back the tears, it was a possibility they would come out though, but he couldn't just end stream straight away, they'd know he was crying... maybe he was overthinking this.

"Umm ye, the judge thought she would be better off with him, so yeah, that's what's happening in my life" wilbur said, glancing at chat and noticing ho2 many people were threatening Charlie's father.

"Oh and chat, I know that you'll probably recognise charlie if you ever see her, but please don't go up to her or say anything because that can get me into trouble okay and please don't go searching for them, it's okay... as long as she's happy, I'm happy" he smiled slightly as he voiced the cliche words, internally cringing at how sappy he sounded.

"Okay, well that was my announcement  have a good day guys" wilbur muttered, ending stream before going and collapsing on his bed, Billy in his arms, cuddled up under his duvet for warmth  so that after he had a good cry he could have a nap after.

Wilbur really let everything out, his whole body shook with each cry, he felt like screaming. why did he feel like this, charlie hadn't even been staying with him for that long so why did he feel the need to break down and never get up again, it felt like he was grieving someone who wasn't even dead.

so he cried, he cried for hours as he remembered his daughter, well... not anymore, was she ever really his? it was by luck that he had found her crying on that street, it was luck that he happened to go out the day she was left there. she was never his, not truly.

so why was he this sad? he just wanted it all to go away.

knock knock knock knock knock

the knocking was constant, wilbur felt like he was dreaming until the buzzing and ringing came from his phone, but would anything really happen if he didnt get up or answer the phone.

the answer was yes, he could hear his front door opening and multiple pairs of feet walking around the house calling his name, wilbur knew who it was but he had hoped it might be a robber, that would take everything away. everything that reminded him of charlie.

wilbur slowly got out of his bed, shoving charlies stuffed toy under his pillow so nobody would see it, it was rather embarrassing but he couldn't bring himself to let any of it go.

"wilbur?" george stopped looking around wilburs house, staring at the brunette they were looking for as he walked glumly down the stairs.

he looked like a mess, it was worrying, nobody had ever seen wilbur like that.

how long would this go on for.