052

charlie woke up once again in a hospital bed, once again she looked curiously around the room, only to see that almost nothing had changed, the only difference made to the dull room was jamie slumped in a chair beside her bed, his coat draped over him to keep him warm as he slept.

charlie sat up in her bed, deciding that she was bored and that the only option she had was to go on an adventure around the hospital and let her brother sleep peacefully, she knew from expeirience that she shouldnt wake him up when hes tired, especially not for something as trivial as boredom.

she slid down off of the bed, she slid a fluffy dressing gown over her princess pyjamas and slid on her pink slippers, then she snuck out of the room as quietely as she possibly could, which albeit was actually quite loud, but it was to her advantage that jamie was such a heavy sleeper.

charlie wasnt actually sure what she wanted to do on her adventure just yet, but all she knew is that she was bored, she roamed the halls, hoping to find something or someone interesting.

she walked up and down stairs, in and out of elevators in search of something, just something that could brighten her day abit, something that might make her feel better than she currently was.

she was stopped by a few adults and doctors, or in charlies words 'wizards', asking her where she was going, and if she was lost and needed help finding her parents. in response, she just shook her head and walked away, she wasnt lost just yet, and she knew that her parents were at home, and jamie was in her hospital room asleep.

charlie wondered when she would be able to go home, her father had said that she could go home soon, but she just had to stay in the hospital just a little longer so that the wizards could use their magic and help her feel better, but she didnt want to stay there alone, the room was so dull and boring, and she got scared being alone and in the dark in such an unfamiliar place, she just wanted, her own home and her own bed.

charlie was focused on the floor as she meandered down another hall of the hospital, deep in thought, none of her focus was on her surroundings.

and it was too late, before she could stop herself she walked straight into someones legs, not only breaking her out of her trance but making her fall to the floor, she looked up so she could see the owner of the leg she had bumped into.

her mouth fell agape upon seeing who it was, she sat their on the floor in shock, it had been ages since she had seen him, she didnt know how he was here in new york and in the very same hospital she was in, but she had missed him.

he looked down at her with the same expression before snapping out of his trance and helping her up off the ground, she gladly accepted his help, but the look of utter shock never left her face.

he glanced up and down at her appearance, why was she here, and why did she look so ill? he had so many questions that he wanted the answer to, but right he was just happy to see her, it had been so long.

he crouched down to her level, their eyes met, charlie smiled lightly at him.

"charlie?" he asked in utter shock, not fully processing that this was happening.

"karl" she giggled, her adventure had payed off, she was glad she didnt just sit in her room as jamie slept.

"is- is that really you?" he asked her, a smile adorned his face as he already knew the answer to that question, he had heard about tommy's interaction with her, and he couldnt help but be a little jealous, he had missed the little girl dearly.

"yes silly! of course its me" he giggled, karl smiled at her, not replying as he pulled her into a tight hug, pratically suffocating her.

"k-karl i cant b-breathe" she muttered, hoping he would loosen his grip to help her survive.

he did loosen his grip, but only to speak.

"w- what are you doing here?" he asked her, holding onto her shoulders as he looked at her pale face and pyjamas, she looked too comfortable to just be visiting temporarily.

"what do you mean?" she asked him, not quite understanding what he meant.

"what are you doing here- in the hospital" he explained to her, hoping that he put it simple enough for her to understand what he was saying.

" im not sure, daddy said im sick?" she told him, he frowned slightly, she wouldnt be here at the hospital if it wasnt somewhat seirious.

"b-but jamie said that the wizards can make me all better" she reassured him with a smile, he was about to say something else but they were interrupted when jamie came running down the hall screamng charlies name.

"charlie! there you are, do you know how worried i was when i woke up and you wasnt there" he said sternly, too preoccupied to notice karl.

"b- but i wanted to go on an adventure" she pouted, tears starting to build up in her eyes, she hated making people upset, and she could see the fear and worry that jamie held in his eyes.

jamie walked towards her, embracing her in a tight hug, he hadnt even noticed karl stood their beside her, he was just glad she was okay.

"its okay charlie, just don't go on any more adventures without telling somebody first" jamie told her, releasing her from his grip, looking up and finally noticing karl standing their with a look of shock on his face. this was charlies brother?

of course jamie knew who this was, this was karl jacobs, he had heard so much about him from charlie, and even before he had met charlie, he used to love watching his streams and videos. the real question was, why was he here?

jamie picked up charlie softly, making sure not to hurt her in the process. charlie spluttered out a cough, it felt like how she was coughing before. jamie looked down at her with worry before looking back at karl.

"w-what's wrong with her" karl asked in worry.

"uhm... we have to go back to her room, but we are on the second floor, so if your still here later you can come see her" he told karl quickly before rushing off back to her hospital room.