047

charlie and tommy had spent a good few hours together but eventually it was time for her to leave so she and jamie could get home, after all, their parents were waiting for her. tommy was in a tight spot, charlie seemed so happy whilst wilbur was still so sad, charlie hadn't even mentioned wilbur the whole time he was with  her. tommy was debating telling wilbur about his and charlies reunion, on one hand it could help wilbur to know that charlie is genuinely happy and from what he has seen, seems perfectly safe where she is.

but on the other hand what if it backfired and wilbur just missed the little girl more?

That didn't matter, tommy had made his decision, he'd tell wilbur- it would be the right thing to do, he would want to know that she's okay, that she's happy.

Tommy's phone conveniently rang, he looked at the caller ID, it was wilbur. Well, it's now or never.

He answered the phone call, he listened to wilbur talking about his day with george, he sounded so happy, he hadn't sounded like this in a while.

But tommy had made his decision, he had to go through with it, he wouldn't back down now.

"So how was your day tommy, have fun adventuring in New York?" Wilbur asked tommy after he had finished speaking, tommy stayed silent for a minute, processing wilburs question and trying to come up with an answer.

"Tommy? Are you OK?" He asked, Growing worried about the blonde boy.

"I saw charlie" tommy blurted out into the phone, instantly regretting being so blunt about it, but in reality there was no other way to go about it.

"You– you what?" Eilbur asked, shocked at what he was saying, he never thought that he'd hear anyone talking about her for the rest of his life, Ever since charlie left, or was taken away, everybody had been walking on eggshells around him.

Wilbur thought that charlie was gone from his life forever, that he'd never hear anything abiut her, or from her, ever again.

But here he was, waiting for tommyinnit to continue speaking.

"I was walking around new York, it was snowing... and I saw charlie and her brother in times Square, they came up to me whilst I was taking pictures with people" tkmmy told him slowly and carefully, not wanting to upset the older man.

Wilbur hadn't realised he was crying until a tear that fell from his cheek fell onto his hand.

"Tell me more" he told tommy with a smile, these weren't sad tears, these were tears of joy. He was happy to know that dhe was okay, that she was happy with her life, it may take a while, but he was sure that eventually he would be too.

"Okay?"

Wilbur and tommy sat on the phone for hours talking about what tkmmy did that day, wilbur couldn't stop smiling and laughing when tommy said something funny.

Wilbur felt so happy, and even though it wasn't him That saw charlie, he was glad that it was tommy.

"And then we let her throw snowballs at us, since we 'lost' the game of tag, it was so funny will, she was missing the whole time and we were just stood a metre away, and then this really massive guy, like he looked so strong wilbur, he had so many tattoos, he came up to us and asked if he could help her since he saw her struggling, and then he helped her throw snowballs at us, it hurt so much but she was smiling so wide"

Wilbur laughed at what tommy was saying, a smile on his face.

"Oh, wilbur I almost forgot" tommy started to say, going silent for a second as wilbur patiently waited for whatever he was going to say next.

And then some notifications went off, he checked his messages to see photos from tommy, he opened them as tommy spoke up.

"I got some pictures of charlie, I thought you might like them" tommy told him, he was right, the tears returned to wilburs eyes.

Of course he was sad that he didn't get to be there, but he was happy she was having fun.

One of the photos was just of charlie, she was layed in the snow making snow angels with a wide grin on her face, another was of tommy holding charlie, both of them smiling, there was another of them in the same position, charlie in Tommy's arms, but in this one, they were making silly faces at the camera.

The next photo was of charlie in her brother, Jamie's arms, charlie had her arms wrapped around his neck and she was leant up, kissing him on the cheek.

Wilbur was happy to know that charlie liked her new family.

Another photo was all three of them stood together making a snowman, the next was tommy picking charlie up so she could reach and put the carrot on for its nose, the next ohoto was charlie pouting as the snowman had crashed down and now sat in a pile of snow on the floor, he laughed at that picture, she looked so cute.

There was so many more pictures that eilbur got to look through.

"Charlie said she missed you" tommy told him, wilbur smiled at the statement, muttering under his breath.

"I miss you too"

Also, like pls follow me :D