048

It had been a year maybe since tommy had seen charlie, and wilbur was finally okay, he was feeling great really.

He was focusing on his passions, music and his band, lovejoy.

Charlie was still in Newyork with her father's and brother, she and jamie were as close as ever, they were always together and did everything with eachother. It didn't matter about the age difference, charlie was Jamie's best friend and he was hers.

Charlie was happy with her life, she was content.

But there was always a lingering thought at the back of her mind, she often thought about her life with wilbur, and what it could've been. if she had stayed with him then would she have been happier than she is now.

Jamie and charlie were sat in his room, he was trying to teach her how to play a game on his playstation, but she hadn't been doing very well so she decided just to watch him play instead.

Jamie looked over to the side at the little girl who was playing with his hair, she looked like she was deep in thought, she had a small, almost invisible frown on her face.

"Hey, charlie? What's up? Turn that frown upside down" Jamie paused his game, putting down the controller, ruffling her hair, that always made her giggle.

She turned to look at him, a small smile apparent on her face, 'at least she doesnt look as sad anymore'  he thought, looking into her eyes with pure adoration.

"What's wrong then?" He asked her, pinching her cheeks to improve her mood, which worked successfully.

"D'you remember wilbur?" She asked him, for a second he lost his composure, his eyes widened and his mouth fell agape, of course he remembered wilbur, but it had been quite some time since they had even spoken of him, jamie wasnt even sure until now that she remembered him.

"yeah i do, why do you ask?" he questioned, curious as to why charlie was bringing him up so suddenly.

she hesitated to speak, not sure whether what she was about to say would upset jamie at all, jamie wasnt only her brother, but her best friend and she'd hate to ruin the close relationship she had with him because of a few simple words.

but wilbur used to always teach her to be brave, that she would never know the outcome of a situation unless she pushed aside her nerves and said what she wanted to say, as long as she wasnt being a 'meanie' then he taught her to always speak her mind.

but before charlie even had the chance to put any of wilburs wise words to use, jamie spoke.

"is it that you miss him?" he asked her, he saw it in her eyes and the look on her face that what he said was true and that he had gotten it right.

"a-are.. are you mad at me" she asked him, looking down at her lap with what looked like shame and worry, tears started to pool in her eyes, threatening to fall as they impared her vision, making everything around her blur into one.

"of course im not mad, why would i be? i know he meant alot to you, id never get upset at you for something so simple as that, your my little sister and i love you and nothing can ever change that, okay?" jamie spoke with sympathy as he held onto her shoulders delicately, almost as if anything stronger would shatter her into peices.

charlie couldnt bring herself to verbally answer him, she feared that if she spoke, the tears would finally fall, so instead she weakly nodded, what if he was lying? thoughts both good and bad created chaos and confusion in her mind as she stared into his loving eyes.

his words kept replaying in her head, over and over again as if they were a broken record.

'your my little sister, i love you. im not mad. i know he meant alot to you'

was he really telling her the truth? if he was then did she finally have someone that understood her?

the tears finally collapsed from her eyes, so much was happening, of course she missed wilbur, after her father went to sleep... forever, and the other abandoned her, he had been the first to ever show her any kindness, and through him she had met so many amazing people.

and he even fought for her up until their last moments, anyone in charlies situation would miss him, but that didnt change that she was happy  now, she had her dad's, and her big brother jamie who vowed to always be there to protect her. but there was so much she wanted to tell wilbur, and so many things she wanted to thank him for. but they were so far apart that she doubts she would ever have the opportunity to ever see him again.

jamie pulled her closer to him, wrapping his arms around her and bringing her head to his chest, stroking her hair as a form of comforting the girl, he didnt care that his shirt was getting wet from her tears, he just never wanted to see her like this ever again, and if that meant searching for wilbir himself then he would do it in a heartbeat.

"its okay charlie, it'll all turn out okay in the end" he whispered to her, they stayed like that until night, chark]lie fell asleep on his shoulder, it gave jamie time to think about things and contemplate what he should do next, he hated seeing her so sad. it broke his heart to see her crying like that.

"ill make sure to do anything for you charlie, just you wait, everything will turn out just fine in the end" jamie muttered sweetly as he carried charlie back to her room.