053

Charlie had been quickly rushed back to her hospital room, Jamie really wasn't sure what to do in this sort of situation, what was he supposed to do? he was only young himself and he was scared, he couldn't imagine how charlie was feeling. he was sat down in a chair in the waiting room, he had been sent out as the doctors helped her, he was slumped down with his head hung low in his arms as he sighed. he couldnt do anything about it and it was driving him insane, he just wanted to protect her but he couldnt even do that. he was dissapointed in himself and he felt ashamed that he couldnt stop her pain and suffering, if it was up to him he would take that pain away from her in a second.

all he wanted was for her to be okay again, for everything to go back to how it was, he wanted to travel back in time to the moments when he and charlie would just hang out in his room, watching movies and playing games, they would laugh and smile, jamie loved to hear her giggles and the bright smile on his face whenever she found something relatively funny, he found it absolutely adorable and he'd do anything to get those moments back, if he could he'd travel back in time and tell himself to cherish those moments more and to not take them for granted.

as jamie thought about everything, tears welled up in his eyes, he didnt know how he'd be able to face charlie again after this, but eventually he calmed down after realising that there was no point on dwelling on the past, he needed to create new memories with charlie and he can forever cherish those memories.

jamie sat in the waiting room for a while longer, he was waiting for one of the doctors to come tell him that he could go see her, but until then he had nothing to do but to daydream and stare into nowhere.

that was until a shadow towered over him, jamie looked up to see who it was, after all it couldve been one of his dad's, he looked up only to see karl jacobs looking down at him with a soft smile on his face, jamie smiled slightly, indicating with his hand that karl could sit down if he wanted to. it was silent for quite a while, neither of them knew what to say, after all, they didnt know each other and they had never met before.

"i-is charlie okay" karl asked the younger male beside him nervously, in that moment that was all karl really cared about, he just wanted to know if charlie was doing well and if she was here for anything seirious or was it some sort of misunderstanding and she was only here because of a checkup.

jamie was silent for a while, just staring down at the floor, karls question wasnt answered verbally but he could guess based on the aura of the room, jamie held his face in his hands as his shoulders began to shake as his muffled sobs echoed in the room, karls frown deepened, he saw how much this boy really cared for the girl, it seems she just has that affect on people.

karl placed his hand awkwardly on jamies back, rubbing it softly in attempt to comfort him, after a while jamies sobbing seemed to have subsided and he looked up at karl slowly, his eyes were bloodshot and had puffed up and his tears had dried on his cheeks. 

jamie finally answered karls question, brushing a hand through hi air and rubbing his eyes to get rid of the new tears that brimmed in them, jamie looked up at karl before he spoke up, his voice was dry and rasped when he spoke, it kept breaking as he explained everything.

"s-she isn't okay" he whispered, if karl hadnt been sat right beside him he wouldnt have heard it, it took him a minute to process what he had said, when he finally understood tears pooled in his own eyes, he looked at jamie, indicating for him to continue and elaborate.

"charlie- i- uh, charlie h-as lung c-cancer" jamie was once again sobbing, reality hit when he finaly said it aloud, karl was looking at him, an unreadable expression adorned his face, both men sat their and cried, such a young girl shouldnt have to go through this.