Sequel

[Untitled: preview]

I think it started with me

It started with me making it my own mission to save them. I don't know how, or why, I didn't think this would evolve into an all-encompassing obsession. I've overstepped several boundaries and woven all of us into a web of lies in my pursuit to salvage both of them. The lines between right and wrong gradually faded until I no longer could differentiate them, it got to a point where I refused to even consider if my actions were legal. My actions have undoubtedly become my life's greatest fixation and I've tangled them along into this mess. There is no easy way to admit this but I think it's time for me to swallow my pride by surrendering and giving the pen back to them. They need to rewrite their own story by themselves.

Y/n and Jimin, I'm going to put my hands up and finally let it become your obsession.

I've already laid the groundwork, all I need to do is to make sure that both of them will be there at the right time. I know I may seem cruel morally. Please, don't judge me too harshly, this is the only way I can give them an honest chase at starting at square one. This is all I've ever known for the past few years of myself.

I watch them standing in my living room while they unfold all the forgotten parts of their lives. All of the moments they shared that barely exist in their memory. I let them have their time to hate me, to despise me. I let them hold each other as they promise to never become estranged again and to hold onto each other regardless of what's to come. I wait for them to pick their glasses up, I wait for the rim to hit their lips, I wait for the water to pass down their throat before leaving for good.

They don't need me, and I don't want to destroy them again. I've already come to terms with losing two of my friends, it's not like that version of them exists anymore anyway. I wanted to walk the path of life together with them, but I had no idea that they would resent me for bringing them along instead of letting them stay in the past. I need to let them go.

I crouch down and watch them struggle keeping their eyes open. I know they can't hear me anymore, but I still feel the need to defend my name. "I tried to help." That is all I can say. I hate that I've inflicted pain. I hate the situation we're in. I hate it all. "I wanted us to live happily." I manage to confess, before grabbing y/n's legs. "Alright, it's time to go."

~

This is a preview of the requested sequel! The continuation will be in the book named YOUR OBSESSION! The entire chapter is available right now so please check it out.

Hope to hear from you over there, all love <3