47.

[Know now]

[Know now]

I slam the door behind me, feeling more frustrated than ever.

I don't know whether it was a dream or not, whatever it is, I cannot stop thinking about it.

"Jmin! Stop will you?!"

I don't turn around, not even for a second. I have no desire to see her, I grow frustrated that Tae didn't wait to tell her as he promised.

"Jimin!" I don't wait for the light to turn green, I make a run for it in hopes that I'll lose her on the way.

I cross the road, barely managing to go before the cars came. And all of a sudden, I hear the brakes being slammed and a crash taking place.

I instinctively turn back and see a blood-covered woman laying on the ground. And I see Tae standing there, equally as shocked as me. Without thinking, I walk toward y/n, I see the waving for me to stop and he yells, "watch out, you fucking idiot!"

I look to my left and see that cars have already stopped, but what I couldn't see was the motorbike that was coming at full speed at me.

None of it made any sense. I thought I was remembering a bad dream, but considering all of it, I'm now sure that it must be a memory. I've been digging around, trying to find documents or anything about this accident taking place, but I can't find anything. I've tried to hint that I know something to taehyung, but that man is as hard to read as invisible ink. Why would y/n be covered in blood, and why would I be hit by a motorbike? Surely, if it happened, I would remember it, right?

I look down at my phone as I leave the apartment complex. There's a sharp turn around the corner that I have to pass before going to the supermarket, I don't bother looking up as I walk. Unbeknownst to me, in the next second, I would crash into someone.

Our shoulders powerfully hit each other, almost causing us to fall to the ground. The only thing that falls to the ground is my phone, and the person I bumped seems to have taken a notice of that, too.

I look up at the sky in frustration after hearing the awful sound my phone made when it came into contact with the ground, I just bought that phone and I can't afford to repair it if the screen is broken

I can see from my peripheral that she bends down to grab my phone for me. I take this moment to calm down, there is no use in crying over a dropped phone. "Oh sorry. You dropped this." That voice, I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶. Sounds like a voice I've heard before. Her face isn't visible, but god does the top of her head resemble y/n's.

I don't look at her any further, but I do look again to see her hand so I take my phone from her. Whilst doing so, I realize that I too was in the wrong, so I prepare myself to form an apology. "No, I'm the one who's-" I stop speaking when she stands up straight, we both look up at the same time, and I can only imagine that I had the exact look of utter shock and disbelief on my face as she had.

I lock with her eyes and I feel the air get knocked out of my lungs.

There is no way.

She doesn't speak a word. Not even a sound escapes her despite her lips being ajar. My eyes start to wander all over her, she looks the exact same as she did before I left. Like feathers, her existence plucks all the pent-up anxiety out of me. That she's standing in front of me, alive and well, without the slightest sight of blood on her brings me more peace than anything.

My voice finally breaks through. "Y/n." It is the first time I speak her name without any lingering sadness. Although her name barely comes out, the woman reacts the moment she heard me.

Her eyebrows furrow before her eyes well up. "You're not real." She whispers. She inhales before she speaks again. "You can't be real." I see the tears fall onto her cheeks. I grab her shoulders before wiping her tears away. She stops breathing the moment my fingers land on her. "Hit me."

"What?" I look at her all confused, is that what she wants from me, after being away from her for so long?

"Hit," She grabs my hand. "Me."

I don't break free from her hold, her touching me is yet another reminder of her existence. However, I can see the desperation in her eyes and the moment I see that, I figure out that she must have gone through the same thing as me, if not even worse things. I start to wonder if she perhaps has been thinking that I am dead.

Is that why Taehung didn't want us to meet?

Maybe she wants me to hit her so that I can prove to her that I'm real and that she is not dreaming.

"You can hit me instead." She hesitates, but nonetheless, her punches come in one by one before she lands her last weak punch at my chest.

She cries more than ever. "Jimin?" She almost falls to her knees, I hold her up and force her to look at me.

"Where have you been?" Is somehow the only reasonable thing to ask her?

She answers in a heartbeat. "I've been waiting for you."

I feel my eyes burn with tears. I hold her as close as humanly possible. "Why didn't you come to me?"

"You are- you were dead." She whispers into my ear in between her sobs. I shake my head in denial.

"I thought you didn't want to see me." My voice no longer has the energy to speak clearly. "I thought you hated me?"

She doesn't say a word more and neither do I. I don't want to let go of her in case she disappears the moment I do so.

I know now, with certainty, that all of those dreams were never dreams to begin with, Y/n being in my embrace is more than proof that those dreams are in actuality a history between the two of us.

A history that I don't want to stop being written.

~D

~D

In case someone is curious, his phone survived the fall! ><

But oh my oh my... was this part of the story expected?

Let me know what you think about this chapter!!! :).