23.

Taehyung.

I didn't intend on laying on the grass

again.

There's something calming about it. Perhaps it's the coldness it holds, or the softness of its touch. Perhaps it's the memories.

"I will not, and I repeat, kiss you Tae!" Her laughter echoed inside the heart of mine. The sweet melody traveled through the canals, and once it found the darkest hollow, it cast the die to incandescent my heart for all eternity. She kissed me again. "I told you I won't kiss you."

Sometimes I question myself if it's possible to set fire to a dead heart. There's little to ignite.

Love isn't strong enough.

Especially if our love is based on a reality that doesn't exist.

"Well, I will never marry you!" I had to joke along. Her smile was the virus that made me feel like heaven was right in front of me. It was always quick to infect me and caused me  to smile, all the way up to my eyes.

Y/n played with the skin that chipped around her fingernails. She looked up while she gave me a side smile. "The thing is... the movie we wanted to watch yeah? All the tickets are already sold out and I can't find it anywhere online so... how about we continue to watch the series?". I nodded and told her that I was fine with that. At the same time my phone dinged multiple times, which caused me to flip it over and hugged her tighter to make sure that her attention was on me and only me.

And it worked.

The remote wasn't far away from us so it was enough to just stretch one's arm to grab it. The lamp was already dimmed, which settled the mood for hours worth of movies or in our case, series. I was feeling very happy.

It wasn't long into our conversation that the  sound of notifications was heard again. I grew tense when she spoke up on the matter. "You're not going to check that? It seems to be urgent." The tension left my body quickly as I was fast to remind myself to relax. It would be out of character, I don't want to blow it, ever.

"No, it's just my mom kitten." I altered our position so she was on my chest, further away
from the noisy mechanism.

It was at that moment I realized that she's living in a reality that doesn't exist. Not us. Not me.

I was foolish to be that excited. I was foolish to think it was easy.