46.

Taehyung

[Guilty]

"Jimin," I sit him down. "I need to ask a few things." I pat the cushion beside me. He hasn't looked, in the slightest bit, okay these days and I would be lying if I said that I'm only concerned about his well-being- I have my selfish motives as well.

During the time that y/n was kidnapped, I suspected jimin like crazy before finding out that he wasn't involved. I wasn't supprised that y/n ran away, what got me worried was that Jimin could've been the one that took her. To luck, y/n had simply gone by herself. For some reason, the janitor to her apartment complex had shut down the surveillance camaeras during the hours she left. I was drunk at the time I saw her, which explains why I mistook her bag for a body. I thought he had somehow managed to escape the reality I created for him, and that he wanted to kidnap y/n so they could run away from me.

I lower the tv-sound and put the remote down. "Has anything been on your mind lately?" I ask him calmly. I'm afraid that he is going through the same motions as y/n, he is displaying the same symptoms as she did during the fall of it all.

He gives it a thought. "Not really, why?"

"I don't know..." I pick up the remote again to mute the tv completely. "You just seem to be preoccupied these days. I feel like it's hard to get a hold of you, emotionally that is."

"Oh..." He doesn't talk for a long time. "I just... feel like something's missing." He awkwardly laughs. "No matter how much I think, I feel like there is a huge blank space in my mind." He breathes in. "Almost like I've forgotten something."

I don't know how to react anymore, I've started to think that I'm losing my control over all of it and I'm afraid that I'm starting to accept that fact. I've been in hiding for so long, it might be about time that I am caught in my web of deceit. "Oh." I have never killed a man, but why am I consumed by the same guilt a murderer would carry? "Like, from a specific time or..?"

"Kind of, I remember everything before moving abroad and before coming back." He fidgets with his fingers. "I just never remember boarding the plane. Or even stepping out of the plane." He looks at me, and I want to run away in shame. I feel like I no longer deserve to hold eye contact with him. I'm afraid that I'll see a look of disappointment in his eyes, and that the disappointment is directed toward me. So we sit there, letting the silence engulf us.

The first half of the truth is, I suggested to Jimin that he should move abroad, I told him which scholarships he could apply to, even booked his tickets and fixed an apartment for him.

The second, and probably the most important, half of the truth is that the country abroad was never abroad. He actually never left the country to begin with. I've been able to decieve him for such a long time, but if his memories are caching up, I cannot do anthing besides admitting my defeat.