14

Don't forget to vote and comment

_________________

Amara's pov

I was still tongue-tied as the ride went on while sneaking glances at Orian who never once glimpsed in my direction and I was very much convinced that he saw me as nothing but a mere irritating responsibility.

We bore the ride in silence and if not for the partition separating us from the front compartment I would have reached forward to put on some music. My derriere had the chance on being on display but it would have been worth the risk, I hated silence.

I looked at him again.

His head was bent over peering at his phone screen as he tapped away at it. His other hand still held his cane and images of what had happened in the elevator flashed through my head. I suddenly grew hot remembering how his hand had grasped my waist, the other hand tilted my neck as he feasted on my blood.

I swallowed remembering how I had felt. I squeezed my eyes shut, tucked the fabric of my dress between my legs, and squeezed them together willing myself not to get aroused. I couldn't bear him picking up my scent knowing very well that he was the least interested in me.

The car swiveled a little too hard and a yelp escaped my lips as I was forced towards him invading his personal space. Our bodies touched as the driver swerved again, my leg brushed against him and he was staring at me now.

I licked my lips as our gazes locked and I could swear I saw his eyes following the trail of my tongue. My breathing heightened, I could feel the pounding of my heart as neither of us moved from the other. I grew hotter under the intensity of his gaze, it was like he had stripped me bare.

I felt damp, a drop of sweat trickled from my neck and down to my chest reaching just above my bosom.

He raised his hand, his tatted thumb landed on my skin and I inhaled, he flicked the drop of sweat off just before it dipped between my boobs.

That single action intensified the heat I felt within me. I watched his fingers trail up to my neck, the cold metal of his rings kissing my skin, he gripped it pulling me closer to him, and his face descended, coming closer and closer. I inched mine a bit till there was just a breath's space between us.

I think I am about to get my first kiss, My heart was pounding harder, silver eyes stared at my hooded green ones, his nose barely brushed mine, his hot breath fanned my face, slender fingers gripped my neck with his thumb slowly caressing my pulse point. I licked my lips again inching forward craving for his against mine wondering how they would feel, if they would feel just like they felt against my neck? if his kisses would leave butterflies or thunderbolts, what was this attraction?

I moved my fingers and touched him while he kept my gaze as if seeking consent. My fingers trailed in the fabric of his coat and I clasped onto it, pulling him closer, a groan escaped his lips. I closed my eyes, "Look at me, snyek." I opened up, his voice cascaded through me sending pulses right between my legs. I squeezed my legs tighter wanting to ease the foreign sensual ache between them and just as his lips came closer and I was so close to getting my first taste of him, the car came to a halt.

He jerked away from me like I was fire and I burned him dearly. I veered away from him and carefully adjusted my gown over my legs. My mouth was dry again and I wanted to disappear.

He highlighted from the car holding the door out for me. I came down, hating the dull feeling settling in my chest as I missed his warmth and his touch.

We were not at our said destination as the building before us looked nothing like a restaurant. He led me to the building, held the door out again and my heart warmed at his little gestures, "They are closed." I said looking around the store with its numerous racks of clothes pushed aside.