82

Hello lovelies ❤️

Amara's pov

"It's lovely," I picked up the mug, curling my fingers in the handle as I admired the obsidian ceramic model, "Thank you." A smile grazed my lips just as I ran a finger across the words printed on it, "It is lovely, I adore it."

"Thank you, Your Highness." The artisan bowed slightly before me with a bashful simper on his face, "Would you need any other thing?"

"No," I shook my head placing the cup back in the box it was packaged in next to its twin, "This is all." I picked up the lid and placed it on the opening, "How much would that cost?"

"Ah." There was a nervous laughter that came from him and I watched as he scratched the back of his neck shifting on his feet, "I wouldn't be okay accepting money from the most beautiful Queen I had ever known, Consider it a gift your majesty."

"Oh I-" I looked around the workshop before looking back at him trying to absorb his offer, "I insist, I would love to pay you."

"No." The man sounded firmer this time, picking up the box and quickly parceling it for me, "It's an honor, Your Majesty, let me." He grabbed the parcel and stretched out his arms offering it to me, "And I hope I get more visits from you soon."

"I appreciate it." I received the box while flashing him the widest smile I could muster, "I am sure the king would love these and we will be back."

"And this also is for you." Before I could protest, he picked up a huge bouquet of roses and thrust them in my hold, "Please accept them, Your Majesty."

"Oh, how did you know I love roses?" I pulled the flowers to my nose and inhaled deeply relishing the mouth-watering scent.

"You have one in your hair." Ares rolled his eyes, "It's pretty obvious Amara."

"Shh." I moved my feet hitting him slightly on his and he winced moving away from me mumbling something about violent werewolves, "Thank you very much for the gifts and flowers." I acknowledged the man who looked all too delighted to be of service to me, "I appreciate your kindness."

"You deserve more your majesty." He gave one last bow and I gave a curt nod before waving at him and going out of the shop with Ares trodding behind me carrying the bouquet of roses while I carefully held Orian's gift in my hands.

               As we passed by town with glances being thrown our way, I noticed that the people had become friendly to the idea of me becoming queen. Their gazes weren't deceptive but reeked of sheer unadulterated admiration as they waved at me and greeted me, striking small conversations while also familiarizing with Ares and jubilations over his return.

The kids in the street were more like the ones of the orphanage now, they were amiable and not running away from me like I was the monster their parents talked about in spooky bed night stories. They played with me, pulling at my dress, asking about my hair, and also inquiring if they could sit on my throne if they came to see me at the palace.

It was refreshing, for me to receive all these positive attitudes and I felt like I was loved here just as much as I was loved at home.

Ares and I went around town with the intent of checking if anything was wrong that we could help with, we checked the houses we could inspect individually, stopped by the market and little shops and also health care buildings.

The men were Curious and kind, the women were joyful and didn't hesitate to talk to me and ask my opinion on things like we had been long-lost friends and the children made me want to adopt them all and take them to the castle to live with me forever.