34

Amara's pov

I have never been good at making reasonable decisions and marking Orian was one of those instances.

Cora purred in my head as he caressed my neck, he placed his lips right where his mark was and what was a complacent sigh rose from him like he had been dying to make me his for a very long time, like he wanted to claim me from the very first moment.

He hates you, remember.

I couldn't help but wonder if he was marking me so I wouldn't run off and ruin his plans or if he was doing it solely because he wanted me.

I settled with the former.

He just held a knife to my throat a few moments ago, however immersing the act had been to me, it was for elimination to him and I shouldn't forget that ever.

He had his hand around my waist, curling on it softly while he held me against him, his other hand caressed my neck trying to calm any pain that might be there from the marking as he inhaled my scent.

I should tell him. I should tell him that we are soulmates and his marking me wouldn't be a good idea because he would never want me for himself and when we finally severed the bond, I would die because I wouldn't be able to survive it.

well, I wouldn't necessarily die unless he staked his claim completely and then reversed it, either ways I could still die of prolonged loneliness and sadness, so yeah, death still stays in the equation.

He is going to steer away from completing the marking and just keep me around till he was done with his plan I guess. I wanted to tell him that I had marked him too, my mark was forming but I couldn't decipher the image hence not knowing what it looked like yet.

Something possessive surged within me and I wrapped my hands around him feeling the urge to let all ladies see my mark on him and know that he was taken and I will be the only one to attempt calling him daddy.

I do not think he knows I marked him and I had no intent on telling him. He had marked me against my will, however enjoyable it was and it was only fair that I did the same to him.

I tried to herd my thoughts away from what will happen after this. Most definitely, we have a bond between us now despite it not being completed, it was still substantial and I had a feeling he won't respect the bond.

We could go back to his place and he would be with any woman he wanted while I would be cast aside hoping for the day he would finally belong to me for real, which would never happen. And then when he was done destroying my family and putting me through all sorts of torment, he would finally take my life after I begged him to.

I stiffened beneath him at the thought, and my throat went dry instantly, the earlier euphoria from him pleasuring me and the possessiveness from me marking him had ebbed.

"Get off me!" I braced my palms against him and pushed him off with all my might. I didn't want to cry again, he would probably get hard and lick the tears off my face while smiling against me and maybe he would be tempted to complete the marking which would make me go into heat and that was a no.

I stared up at the clouds with my hand on my chest holding the fabric of my torn dress together. He hadn't torn it all the way but it still gaped exposing my breast. I didn't bother looking at him but from my peripheral vision, I could tell he was stroking his neck, right at the spot where I marked him, yikes. I am quite sure he has no idea that he has been marked, if he did, he would have blown up.

"You bit me?" Amusement laced his tone as he moved next to me closing the space between us, "Why?"

"It looked fun." I hadn't intended to give him a reply but I did anyway.