31

Here's the update🥰

Amara's pov

We learn new things every day. Yesterday, I learned that I was a perfect fool, an unappealing means to an end and that my days were numbered. I also learned that I could be easily deceived when swayed by affection. The most important thing I learned was never to trust a man again, especially massive handsome men that were your soulmates. Don't trust your soulmates, never! I trusted mine, it ended with me walking with blisters on my feet and the scorching heat of the sun burning up my skin.

Today, I learned that not all vampires were affected by the sun. Orian being one of them, too late for that realization. My dreams of watching the grump melt under the sun with his skin taking up an ashen tone and his screams filling my ears were destroyed.

He wasn't affected by the sun. He loved the sun, he basked in it and my only way of ever having a tiny sense of victory from this situation had been abated.

I drew my fingers across my forehead, feeling the sweat soak them as I wiped the tiny beads of salty moisture away, and while at this I thought of how ungrateful I had been.

I felt guilty when I said I hated the moon goddess and I had already offered silent apologies to her with the excuse of not looking at the bright side of things at the moment when I had proclaimed my hate.

I could be in worse situations.

Like being under Terren getting raped and that will be after he inflicts bruises and injuries on me because I would have shown resistance.

I could have also been dead like him, bleeding too much with my head severed off and the other parts of my body missing.

Or I could have been passed around like booty amongst the vampire and demon warriors which will only result in my death.

But here I was, under the scorching heat with two working legs, although blistered, two active arms even though they are soaked with sweat, two eyes that weren't poked out as punishment even if the images I could see them with were now faint due to fatigue.

I don't know why I had expected him to grab me, throw me on the horse, and force me to ride with him. He didn't much to my disappointment. Well, at least he offered that I get on the horse when the sun had begun to rise but I politely declined and maintained my stance on walking.

And now, I was sure I would faint any moment from now and my skin was turning red from the effect of the sun. My legs wobbled as I staggered on the pointy rocks and thorns with my bare feet. I had kicked off my shoes when we were passing through lush greenery thinking that's all the paths will ever be but alas! I was wrong and now the soles of my feet bled through the cuts, with thorns tearing in them and blisters decorating them.

Cora had gotten weak from healing them over and over again and I had to continue on my way, bearing the pain while resisting the urge to ask him for help.

We continued on our way stepping away from the rocky part and into thickets, him riding, me limping, and even while he sent back looks that could be mistaken for concern, I didn't budge. I was determined to take any other means to our destination as far as it wasn't riding with him even if it meant me crawling there.

The rocks here were less but there were more thorns and from a certain distance, I could hear running water. I didn't know how far off the water was but it intensified my thirst and I had begun to regret throwing the water Orian had offered me in his face. I had even begun to regret not riding with him and a mighty thorn breaking in my flesh was the last straw that broke the camel's back.