53

Cause you all asked to hear from the OGs☺️☺️☺️☺️

Nyx's pov

                   My nose wrinkled at the stench of blood wafting through it causing my insides to twist and the little breakfast I had threatened to come up.

I should have listened to Lycus, shouldn't have come down here especially when I hadn't fully recovered. I should be in bed letting him take care of this but the guilt I had which was associated with Amara's disappearance wouldn't let me lay on my sick bed while everyone around me worked on getting her back.

I can do this, I took in a deep breath trying to compose myself despite her disappearance causing my illness, I couldn't back down and rest. I didn't have a series of miscarriages only to be brought down by this and not play an active part in finding our daughter.

Having Regrets already? Lycus's voice sounded through the mind link breaking through my thoughts with butterflies fluttering in my belly like I was hearing it for the first time. It was calming, reassuring as always, putting my mind at ease.

Nope, I mind-linked him back,  stepping carefully down the stairs as my head swayed with each step. I felt faint, I think I am fine.

You think? He sounded alarmed now and I could feel him panicking, Do you want me to come down? You aren't strong enough to do this.

Hey! My voice quaked as I called back to him, I had plenty of miscarriages Lycus. I failed at giving you more children, I already failed at protecting Amara, I can't fail at protecting Eros, I can't sit back and watch while the lives of our children are at stake, I got down the stairs, sneezing as I got  into the dark hallway that led to the cell i was headed. I nodded at the guards each time they bowed before me as I passed.

This is where I throw you over my knee for thinking of yourself as a failure, I blushed at his words knowing exactly what he meant by that, The miscarriages weren't your fault Hermosa, and neither is Amara's kidnap or the attempt on Eros's life. You are being too hard on yourself love and we are going to get her back soon enough, don't beat yourself up. The next time you call yourself a failure, it won't end well...

I hummed smiling at his words and it felt weird to smile knowing I had been drowning in sadness ever since her birthday, I love you, I said to him stopping before the cell signaling the guard to open it.

I love you more baby, be safe, He replied and I could still feel his slight disapproval at my decision.

We cut off the connection and I stepped into the cell alone almost retching again, and the stench of blood and the foul smell of the giant vampire bound to the chair in the middle of the room.

                    The room was humid, a fly flew around the yellow bulb that dangled from the ceilings illuminated it and the floor had huge stains of blood marring it from previous occupants of the cell.

I smiled at the table with different torture implements laid on it and then I took in my surroundings again heaving as it brought back memories.

Take deep breaths and compose yourself, you are doing it for our daughter and our son, Hera soothed me as I blinked my eyes trying to halt a panic attack chasing the memories of my former life with Titan out of my head. The dungeon reminded me of all the times I had been beaten and locked up unjustly, the smell and stench of blood brought the pain back, I shouldn't have come down here while being sick and quite vulnerable.

Are you okay? Lycus asked again feeling my shift in emotions, Love, I can come down if you want me to, Eros can continue the meeting on his own.