45

Amara's pov.

The extent to which Orian loved seclusion became clear when I realized that there were no guards around the castle or other household staff that could have stopped my escape and I had to travel till the towers of the castle were no more within my sight to reach the next point of civilization.

I lifted myself from the bushes still keeping my eyes on where I presumed to be their town market or more like the city market.

I think it was too big to be a city from the expanse of occupied land I could see from where I stood on the hills. I could see the market and after that, I could see houses that stretched far away beyond where my eyes could reach.

I could smell vampires and demons. And from my classes on other creatures and what they smelt like, it didn't take me long to know that the other two foreign creatures I smelt were Gryphons and Gorgons and I knew they weren't in good terms with my kind.

I was in the underworld, he brought me where I could be eaten alive if they so, please. Where I could easily be recognized as a foreigner that wasn't wanted here and then I thought of how stupid I was to come here alone but I was far too gone to turn back now.

                            I pulled the hood over my hair, brushed the dried grass and leaves from the hem of my gown, and lifted puppy Orian in my arms.

I pulled my chin up determined to complete my mission before descending toward them silently praying that nothing would go wrong.

The first thing I noticed when I reached them was that everyone seemed content with minding their own business as I hardly got stared at and there was technology down here just like it was in our world.

Everything was truly quite similar to ours and I guess it's a trait with all supernaturals when forking their domains.

Old architecture and regal-like clothing with modern touches. It was amazing and I had already begun to fall in love with the place which I had to fight against because this will never be my home and I had no interest in staying back there.

I continued to push past the crowd of traders and purchasers that couldn't stay put in their stalls they had some enticing things on display that I would have bought but I was penniless at the moment.

I followed the path to more organized stalls content with looking from Afar and staying out of trouble. And it all went well till my hard luck decided to come out and play.

                        I should name my life 'unfortunate Amara and her adventures' it wasn't creative but it will do. From being attacked in the bathroom to running away from Orian and now I was currently scrubbing the floors at a butcher shop, hard luck!

Is it surprising? Yes. Do I deserve this? I am not sure . But will I let my puppy be beaten for stealing meat and biting the butcher's customer? Nope. And so I decided to scrub my way out of it while glaring at her as she sat calmly on the ground, and oh she was calm now! Could pass for the calmest creature on earth at the moment.

We had been going about our business till puppy Orian strayed away and attacked a customer at the butcher's shop but not before grabbing meat from where it was displayed and kicking over some things from the shelves scattering the poor man's shop and pursuing the customer.

And I offered to scrub the floors since I had no money to pay for damage.

                       So, here I am with my cloak hung somewhere and my gown hem soaked from kneeling on the wet floor and scrubbing away as if my life depended on it.