78

Double update like I said😁😁😁😁

Amara's pov

                 The sound of horses pulling into the compound with their hooves thudding against the ground a few hours after Orian had left gave me the impression that he was back. I got off the bed and with the dagger still in my hold, I raced downstairs to know receive him.

As I got down the flight of stairs expecting to meet my mate, an unfamiliar scent greeted me which heightened my senses and I paused in my tracks listening quietly to what was going on outside.

I could hear slight thudding as if stuff was being dropped on the ground and after a while, the sounds of horses pulling out of the compound compelled me to walk towards the door with slow steps while Orian's warning of a possible attack raced towards my mind causing me to clutch to the dagger.

I reached the front door and leaned against the wall backing it and with Cora's heightened attentiveness, I listened, waiting for the person to make a move.

The lock clicked after I heard what seemed like the shuffling of keys and the doorknob turned followed by the creaking sound of the door being opened and it opened fully before the intruder stepped in.

I didn't waste time, immediately the blonde-haired head came into view after he got into the house, I took a deep breath and attacked tackling him to the ground and at the same time slamming my elbow into his side.

"Fuck!" He groaned as he tried to roll over but I embedded my claws in his arm causing him to howl in pain before flipping him over and with a blow to his face, I straddled him and pressed the knife to his neck.

"Who are you?!" I was fierce with my tone as I pressed down on his frame pressing the dagger blade against his skin, "Answer me!"

"I am- I -" He let out a deep breath while staring at me with frightened green eyes, very familiar eyes, "Get off me!"

"Answer!" I pressed the blade enough to slice with the right amount of pressure, "Who he-" I stopped as I gazed at him with the same realism that he used to peer up at me and childhood memories of years ago came rushing into my head.

Familiar blonde hair and eyes similar to mine with a small unsure smile creeping on his lips, "Let go of me, Amara."

"Sorry." I chuckled over my startlement as I hopped off him and he lifted himself from the ground with his palms brushing against his clothes.

"Amara, you-don't you remember me?"

"Ares." I let out a breathy laugh and his smile widened, he walked towards where I was, "It's you, I remember."

"What are you doing here?" We both asked.

"This is my home." Our voices were unanimous again and it followed with the familiar laughter of old-time friends seeing each other after a while.

He murmured a come here to me and enveloped me in his arms pulling me close to his chest as I returned the hug and laughed just as nervously as he did, "You grew."

"So did you." He pulled me away with his hold on my shoulders and gaze resting on my frame with a look of appraisal, "Damn, you are gorgeous, very gorgeous and fierce, you knocked me out with ease."

"Ahh." I still didn't have proper words to say to him and he hugged me again, "Thank you?"

"It's been so long, why are you here? Visiting? Wait!" He moved away from me and stepped back with a frown, "We are enemies, why are you here?"

"I uhm-" my words were stuck in my throat as I took in the frown on his face while trying my best to explain it all to him.

"Oh, it doesn't matter love." He moved forward and took me in his arms again with a tighter hug this time, "I bet you are still the sweet friend I knew from back then."