61

Amara's pov

You saw me, I am pathetic.

His words.

Words I had thought he offered only in the moment of pain only to see that he truly meant them which is why I was here, at the table, alone for the third day since after the incident.

I could hear Aileen busy in the kitchen, puppy Orian running around with her there as she quietly scolded her but the only voice I craved at the moment was his.

I wanted to hear him speak, for him to tell me that he was okay and I had nothing to worry about. I wanted him to say that he would be down soon and I should wait so we could have breakfast together but none of these happened.

I couldn't feel or sense him. I couldn't reach him through the mate bond for he had blocked me out and I couldn't even tell if he was still breathing.

I looked down at the dish of creamy pasta, my appetite waning as my husband wasn't down there to eat with me. I wanted to push the plate aside, go upstairs, and lay in bed but I couldn't do that. Aileen had spent time making this and so I lifted the spoon and began to scoop bits in my mouth with the hope that he'd come down soon.

                           I finished my food and pushed the plate aside waiting a bit before leaving but he never came. I stood up and paced around the dining room running my fingers over the woodwork of the chairs and table, but still no sign of him. I looked out the window seeing the greenery outside and wondering if I should go on the tour of the castle exterior I so badly wanted to do it with him but guess what? He wasn't there and after a while of wondering who the most ridiculous Disney villain was, I stood up and exited the dining room with my plate in hand after concluding that he was never going to come down.

"You are done." Aileen smiled up at me as soon as I walked into the kitchen and puppy Orian barked racing up to me. I dropped the plate in the sink and picked her up, ruffling her ears as she licked at my face excitedly.

"Thank you for breakfast Aileen." I returned her smile as I tried to settle puppy Orian in my hands, "It was wonderful."

"You are welcome, sweetheart." She wiped her hands with a napkin, "Go on upstairs and clean up. Then I can show you around the castle."

"Really?" I squealed.

"Yes." She nodded, "If you promise not to run away this time ." I laughed at her remark and raced upstairs to freshen up so I could finally go out and get some air. And I hoped that while we were outside, a miracle will bring Orian out to join us.

                        I came back down after taking a shower and putting on a short sleeveless red gown as the weather seemed a bit hot today. I pulled my hair in a bun with my scrunchie while going out the door with puppy Orian threading behind me.

I got down the front stairs and took in a deep breath inhaling the fresh air, it feels good to be out, looking up at the sky with my eyes closed, the sun's rays warmed my skin and the cool breeze blew against me moving some strands of my hair in my face.

I opened my eyes after a moment and I followed puppy Orian as she barked running in Aileen's direction making me get off the walkway and I put my feet on the lawn running after my puppy to where Aileen was under a tree.

"Are we having a picnic?" I got there bending over with my hands on my knees trying to catch a breath as she spread out a white picnic blanket, the woven closed basket was placed on the grass next to the tree.

"Right after I show you around." She chuckled, "The weather is bright today let's not waste it." She placed the basket on the blanket and held out her hand for me to take. I did, following her as she began to tour me around the castle.