97

Double update❤️❤️

Amara's pov

It was a chilly winter morning with the sun barely out and Cora decided that it was perfect for a run after pleading with our parents they let us go ahead knowing that I had been waiting for a while to feel Cora again and she came right the next day after the night that I had broken the news of what had transpired while I was with Orian.

It took a while for me to able to shift and after a few more days, the healer pronounced us fit enough.

My wounds had healed up more and I could feel very tiny strands of hair whenever I brushed my hand over my head and being werewolves meant that we'd grow at a triple rate, way faster than humans.

I smiled in contentment as Cora trodded along the banks of the frozen lake, she yelped happily as her paws met with the soft cold feel of the snow and she asked if it didn't feel so wonderful to be back home and we both agreed despite us knowing that we yearned for Orian.

He will be alright right? I asked Cora as she sat at the banks and stared at her blurry reflection in the ice.

I believe so, She said to me, he's strong and capable, he will be fine and like he had promised, he would come for us soon.

Have you felt anything from the babies yet?

Nope, she turned her head up as she spoke, it's been a week and a few days since the discovery, right? It would take a while but I can't wait!

Me too, I smiled yet again thinking of how much excited Orian would be knowing that his plans to get me pregnant worked and we were expecting two.

                      Cora was about to leave when a dark shadow materialized next to her reflection on the ice and she turned to see Dad's black wolf standing next to her.

He nudged slightly at her when she bent it to greet him permitting her not to accord him such respects, "Apart from the fact that you are my daughter, you are a queen now."

A spark of hope lighted up in my heart at his statement, Cora felt it too and I hoped it meant that he was slowly acknowledging the fact that I was Orian's mate and Queen.

The tension from our last conversation which was sparked by his reaction was still on and we tried to avoid bringing it up as much as we could but even if we carried out our normal activities as a family, we couldn't forget the fact that there was a matter pending that we haven't finished.

They stared down at the frozen lake in silence, neither of them saying a word.

"How good is he to you?" He suddenly asked turning his head low.

"You should see him with other people Dad, the way he cares after his people and would do anything to make them comfortable." Cora began to speak, "And you should see him with me!"

"Hmm."

"He cares about me, tends to my every need, and always makes sure I am okay. Even while we were still bonded in hostility, his kindness never wavered, even when we fought when I angered him and he angered me. When we got together, he thought he didn't deserve me but he did everything to show that he did deserve the love I had for him. I never thought I did willingly kill for a man till I met him and I never thought I'd put myself in danger to see him safe."

"Are you sure you are soulmates?" He asked next not buttressing on the mini love confession that Cora had just made and she nodded.

"Cora, Amara." He called addressing us both, "I felt like a failure seeing that you were missing and I couldn't find a clue on how to get you back. I consoled your mother, your brother and at the same time consoled myself knowing that if I showed how terrified I was, they would break more than they did."

Cora listened with rapt attention.

"All I could think of after confirming that you weren't dead was what he could put you through knowing the reputations that vampires have and seeing you in the state in which you came confirmed my fears."

"It wasn't his fault Dad."

"I understand now." He raised his paw and placed it on Cora's, "I am glad that you are fine and glad that he makes you happy."

"Is this you giving your approval?!" Cora grinned.

"Hell no, Lycus is hell-bent on having his head for even thinking of abducting you and I want to do worse things."

"Come on Dad, forgive him." Cora nudged herself against him, "He's a sweet giant, you would love him."

"Taller than my human form?"

"Yes." Cora nodded.

"I'd bring him down from his legs first then." He snorted and she laughed, "And your pleading wouldn't let him off the hook."

"I wouldn't plead." Cora stood up shaking the snow off her fur, "He made me cry a great deal."

"He's a dead man then!"

They walked side by side as they returned to the castle and although, Dad hadn't given an answer of whether he approved or not but I was glad that he had warmed up to the idea and was willing to give this a try.

Mum and Eros were coming from the opposite direction and soon met up with us and we all talked as we continued back to the castle.

I couldn't be more joyous at the moment.

I had my family and I was at peace these days knowing that I could sleep with both eyes closed with no one to break in and try to attack me.

I tried not to think too much about Orian.

I knew he was okay cause if he wasn't, I would have felt something through the mate bond even if we were far apart.

I decided not to think too much about it knowing that he would live up to his promise as always and soon he would come back for me.