67

Hope everyone is alright and doing great?❤️

Amara's pov

I had begun to regret my decision of asking Eric not to drop me off at the castle so I could walk as the ache in my legs spread but the view of the castle towers came into my sight and the excitement of telling Orian about my day bubbled within me making me forget the ache.

I hastened my steps so I could get to my destination as quickly as I could.

The sun was setting already, the skies filled with pink streaks, and the wind blew gently against me rustling my skirts as I walked through the grass.

It was already a bit late and I knew Aileen would be gone by now meaning Orian and I would be alone together, and we could do anything without worrying about us causing a disturbance.

I looked in my arms as puppy Orian stirred in them. She had been asleep since Eric dropped me off and I couldn't wait to get home so I could put her to bed.

Things went better than we planned, didn't they? I could tell. Cora was grinning as she spoke to me, we were just agitated for nothing.

You were more afraid of the outcome than I was, beamed stroking my pet softly, I am just glad about the warm reception we had and with a couple more visits, they would accept us as one of them.

And it would make things easier if mate decides to crown us, She hinted, but if he doesn't, it still matters because we can't build a life where we are hated, Just like me she had accepted that there was no going back.

Our life was here now, with him and we would be happy together.

Being crowned countess or not, their acceptance matters, and him making us his equal will further heighten their respect for us for who are they to take us as their own if he doesn't take us as his?

Cora agreed with my words as I went through the gates of the castle and I tried not to think of how devastating we'd both feel if he doesn't make us Queen or countess.

He had implied it several times with his words.

But words mean nothing if actions weren't involved.

I got to the front door and opened it quietly not wanting to announce my arrival.

I kicked off my shoes and put them in place, humming quietly to myself as I made move to go into the foyer when a familiar scent that wasn't supposed to be here hit my nostrils.

Can you smell that? Cora asked wanted to know as she was surprised just as I was, what is she doing here?

I was too dumbfounded to reply because the scent got stronger and the person in question descended the stairs, her eyes brightening as she took in my appearance and then she began to walk towards me intently.

I noticed the tousled blonde hair like someone had been pulling at it, the hazy look in her eyes, and the smeared eyeliner from the corners. Her lips with smeared lipstick spread in a twisted smile that made me feel uneasy.

I looked down at her clothes, she had on a blue silk dress with tiny straps that were rumpled with one of the straps coming off as if she had been in a fight. It didn't give concealment to her perfect generous bosom and the dress was tight around her full hips which she swayed as she got closer to me.

I was forced to look down at myself, gulping at my plain figure, my insecurities rearing their heads at me and when I looked back up she was already standing before me, and to my disappointment, she had on Orian's scent.