71

I am back again🤭🤭🤭

Amara's pov

I had concluded that Orian was a terrible liar now that I knew him. It wasn't like then when we were strangers where he could mask his feelings and lie through his teeth which let me to believe his lies. Now that I have known him for quite some time and we now share a mate bond even if it hasn't been consummated, I could tell when he was lying. If his eyes didn't give him away, I could feel a fraction of his emotions from the mate bond telling me his state of mind.

He lied when he got out of the house. He didn't tell me the truth about what happened behind closed doors with his foster mother and I think he was physically hurt from the tightening I felt in my chest earlier on. If we had consummated yet, I would be able to tell exactly if he was hurt or not.

He had told me it all went well but his head was bent over and his hands quivered with him making attempts to hold them still told me all I needed to know. After he answered my question about how it had gone, he suggested that we get home soon and he moved immediately walking in front of me without offering a word or taking my hand in his as he usually did when we walked.

He was quiet throughout the walk and when we got away from the house, he told me he needed a minute and trudged away from me, leaving me under a tree while he went to sit on a boulder facing away from my direction with his body hunched over, head between thighs and arms wrapped around him.

Wanna go over and talk to him? Cora suggested as I fiddled with the edges of my gown with my eyes trained on him watching him reside in solitude.

I don't know, I let out a heavy breath shifting on my feet, he looks like he doesn't want to talk to anyone, me included.

The whole ordeal must have been so bad for him to react like this, Cora was right with her words.

Yes, I agreed.

Orian had never been one to talk much, even when things got better and he became more comfortable with me but this silence of his is bothersome and I couldn't just stand there looking at him. I needed to look for a way to get to him and cheer him up. So, while I was there deciding on what to do, a plan came up in my head and I quickly went behind the trees whispering my plan to Cora.

________

Cora swore she wasn't scared as she stepped out from behind the trees but her paws being unsteady in the dirt and her head bent low gave her away. She looked like she was about to turn back to the trees and beg me to shift.

Go on, I urged her as she stood there with silver fur gleaming in the moonlight, it's time for you both to finally meet and this is the perfect opportunity.

What do I tell him? How do I act? She was nervous and I could feel the panic rise in her as she scratched her paw against the earth, I can't do this Amara, some other time.

She turned around to back into hiding but I powered my will over hers and steered her back on track, I can't, she repeated.

Go! I commanded and she moved. Taking one paw before the other calculating her steps, move faster! I urged her on and she did, picking up pace but it wasn't fast enough for me, can you move? I grumbled getting slightly irritated at her pace.

What do I say? She was panic-stricken as she neared him, how do I speak? what do I do?

Channel your inner vixen! I instructed with a laugh, bring out your feminine wiles and inner seductresses.