21

Amara's pov

I am very sure that slimy jeez-ball cheated us! Cora growled as I watched the cab driver speed off. His tires screeched against the tarred tracks, the noise the act forged was unsettling to my hearing.

I do not think he did, I shrugged threading my fingers in puppy Orian's fur as she gazed at the foreign environment, sniffing in the air, It was a pretty long ride and I think we are in the deepest part of town.

The bad part you mean? She asked and I had to agree with her.

I felt like the dumb movie character that was where she wasn't supposed to be as I took in my surroundings just as my puppy did.

It couldn't be more obvious that it was the shabby part of town, with brown buildings that looked like they were dens for criminal activities. Men in groups of twos and threes were hurdled together placing hands on their pockets intermittently while looking over their shoulders like they expected an attack anytime soon.

People walked by, hookers stood on the street smoking cigarettes as men conversed with them and the unmistakable smell of weed wafted through my nostrils as a man brushed passed me with a harsh get out of my fucking way spewing from his lips.

I turned towards the only attractive building that was before me, it was my original destination. The place where I was to find Orian. It of three stories, loud music blasted from the inside and I was scared the vibrations from the noise might fall off the colorful neon letters of 'nirvana' attached to the front walls.

I made a mental note to ask Orian why he had a club in this part of town later. There was a long line before the building and a huge bouncer garbed in black stood at the beginning of the line with a frown on his face. He glared at the people in front of him.

Head up, shoulders high, you are a crown princess and you shouldn't be scared of a mere human. Be confident, walk right there and tell him to let you in! I finished my little confidence boost talk and pivoted my feet towards the building while clutching the bag and trying to balance my scared puppy in my other hand.

She was whimpering like she felt the bad energy radiating off the place, "It's okay puppy Orian." I tried to calm her down, pushing through the humans to the front of the line and muttering sorry as they scowled at me.

I reached the front, straightened my rumpled shirt, braced myself up, and looked up at the bouncer who was already scowling down at me.

"Hi." I waved up at him and bared my teeth to give him a warm smile, he looked like his life was void of smiles and he needed one, maybe if he got one he would scowl less often, "Good evening, I like your shirt."

"School girls aren't allowed in the club." He lifted the line blocking the entrance and the man behind me got in, "And no pets."

"I am here to see Mr grump." He raised a brow at me, "Orian, I am here to see Orian." I corrected myself, "We are friends, more of immoral friends that do exciting stuff and he was supposed to see me later but then he didn't show up or text and I am not a school girl, I am a big girl. I am a woman."

He peeped me over, his eyes scanned my outfit and the bag slung over my shoulder. He looked at puppy Orian and she stared back at him and then he began to chortle, the scowl on his face disappeared as he laughed at me, "Not a school girl? The boss's friend?" His jesting continued, "Get away kid before I throw you and that freaky thing in your arms out!" He gave me a mean glare and stepped closer, "Move!"

"Technically, you can't throw me out because I am not in." I moved closer to him matching his gaze, "She's not a freak, she's a puppy and I bet your kids can't be as cute as her!" I needed to go wolf on him now just as my parents had taught me. I think my last sentence was a bit too sensitive cause he looked really angry, "Let me in!" Cora surfaced with a growl and his eyes widened in shock, his head was bent in submission as her dominance cascaded through him, "Get on your knees and apologize to my puppy!" She added, Puppy orian barked in agreement.