44

Amara's pov.

I lay in bed for a good amount of time after I woke up. My fingers stroked my puppy while I stared at the ceiling of my actual bedroom in total confusion.

I sat up, my eyes wandering around while blinking in disbelief, am I dreaming?

I was in my bedroom with my puppy by my side.

All events of the previous days from the disastrous ceremony with Terren to seeing Orian's true colors to our wonderful night in the forest before I blacked out suddenly seemed unreal.

It all felt like a nightmare, a mere disastrous dream that was filled with the most erotic and unfortunate of events.

The light streaming through the slightly parted curtains indicated that it was dawn and my eyes went to the spot on the floor where I usually dumped my dancing shoes, they were there. One was placed above the other exactly like I always kept them.

I grabbed the pillow and screamed into it not wanting to wake the rest of the household or disturb them if they were already awake.

It was all a dream, No Terren assaulting me or dealing with Orian's mood swings which also meant no forehead kisses and wonderful massages or displays of jealousy that made me think he wanted me and I felt a painful tug at my heart at him being absent from my life.

But on the bright side, I never got separated from my family and I will get over Orian breaking my heart in no time plus I dare to call off the engagement with Terren now to avoid a disastrous future with him.

I squealed excitedly and leaped off the bed with a very bright-eyed puppy Orian in my arms.

I held her, twirling as she yelped and licked at my face with so much excitement and it made me wonder if she had a nightmare of being separated from me too, "We might have to change your name my love." I cooed and she rubbed her snout against me, "I don't think I want to name you after that bad man anymore and we have to say bye to him totally, no reminders of him! The dream was horrific, I tell you! I do not want to experience that in real life. Well, not all parts were horrible." I giggled.

Like the parts where I was underneath him.

She barked as I talked and I had gotten a bit dizzy from twirling so I sat on the seat before the dresser, "Do you like to be called snuggles?" She growled in disagreement, "Okay, snuffles? cake? Snuffleupagus? Snuffy for short. Heffalump?" Her rejection of these names was evident in the way she bared her teeth and growled, "So you like the name Orian, you traitor!" She wagged her tail and I bumped her head with mine in a cute manner.

After playing with her for a while, I hummed my way into the bathroom and sighed at the sight of my favorite toiletries sitting pretty in the shower, even the smell of the bathroom was nostalgic.

The dream did a number on my mental health, can't wait to tell Rose all about it and I wondered why Eros hadn't run into my room to interrupt my morning with any of his recent ridiculous findings.

I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and got into the shower with the mentality of rinsing everything that happened with Orian in the dream world off me except the parts that were pleasing and I hated myself for wanting to hold onto them. It was almost like I missed him and I wanted those parts of the dream to be real.

After I have breakfast, I would sit down and think about what happened but for now, I was so happy that none of it was true.

My happiness was short-lived when harsh laughter sounded in the bathroom, it rang in my ears and they ached. I pressed my soap-covered palms on them suppressing the evil sound and the lights in the bathroom blinked repeatedly. It was like starring in my horror movie and everything was happening so fast. I sure as hell didn't wake up from a terrible dream to face this in reality.