39

I am back and better peeps❤️❤️❤️❤️thank you all for the prayers🥰

I remember saying I had good news to share some time ago and here it is now! I am officially a wattpad creator 😭😭😭😭 and I am really grateful for the support you all have shown me from TAKRM to COTC❤️❤️you all giving my books a chance got me here ❤️I love you all, muah🥰

Amara's pov

I hurt his feelings hard.

I could tell from how his shoulders were slumped as he walked away, and it was pretty evident for a remarkably tall man.

The urge to get up, chase after him and explain the situation surged within me as guilt rose in my heart, but then I remembered all he had done with no apology offered.

He hadn't even taken time to explain the situation to me.

Is he still married to Imelda? Is he still going to kill me? What were we? Does he share the same mutual feelings, and is there any future for the both of us? Why did he let Imelda hug him, and why did he call her name in his sleep severally?

My head ached as I came up with all these questions and the guilt I felt turned into hurt. I am the one who has been used, kidnapped, and betrayed. Each day when I look at the necklaces on my neck, I remember my past life and how much I want it back, but it isn't possible. He took everything away from me and plans to kill me in the end.

This sounds pathetic, Amara, but you should go after him, Cora expressed worries about how he would feel seeing Connor and me together, and it might not be evident that he is mated, and Orian could assume the worse that I was being immoral with one of his warriors.

I know, but we need to look out for ourselves, too, unless he takes to drinking all the time and stops being an asshole, I might go after him, and he presents me with another rude and grumpy Orian phase.

He could change this time, and I could feel how hurt he was, She sighed.

His kingdom comes first before us, Cora. It is very obvious. He's a ruler who wants to avenge his people. What about us? He's fighting for his kingdom. We have to fight for ours and save ourselves and our kind. I put us in this position in the first place, betraying our kind because of a man, and It's only right I try to escape and rectify it. At the end of the day, Cora, you, and I are mere pawns to him, The truth was bitter and even more challenging for me to accept, but I had to let her know and remind myself not to fall for his tricks.

You are right, so what do we do now? She questioned.

Connor had left immediately, claiming he had something to do. I had borrowed his dagger with the excuse of wanting to shorten the length of my gown. While staring at it in my lap, I told Cora precisely what I had in mind, and if there were no hindrances, we should be out of this camp soon enough.

After Cora and I had worked together and concluded the plan, I took the dagger and shredded it carefully at the edge of the gown, cutting a portion that would make a tremendous makeshift belt. Luckily, the fabric was thick.

The gown stopped a little above my knees after the alteration ruining the style of the dress, but it didn't matter; I just needed to set my plan in motion.

I climbed onto the tree and finally got to the top after fighting to keep my sweaty palms on the bark. Much to my advantage, no one noticed me, and if they did, they decided to ignore me.

The tree was huge with its long spread-out branches, so it was easy to navigate my way while finding a steady branch to sit on.

I finally found one and perched myself on it. As per Cora's advice, I looked for thick-sized twigs and began to cut them off the tree, and when I got a reasonable amount, I took out the dagger and began to sharpen the edge so it could be pointed.