25

Amara's pov

Life was terrific. With Orian barefooted in the kitchen, messy hair, wet clothes sticking to his body just as mine did and for some odd reason, we never bothered to take them off because he mumbled something about cleaning up together, ooo, exciting.

I was stretched out on the counter chewing on some strawberries which I didn't get his permission to eat and I watched him hovering over the stove preparing a simple Russian stew as he called it, which he loved when he was a child and my interest was spiked when he spoke of meat in it.

While he was cooking, I stared. I admired the flex of his muscles and body movements as he picked up a spoon or turned the ladle.

Puppy orian was laying in a corner after being fed and tired out by playing and she looked happy. I loved it here, I could get used to it, I could get used to stealing his berries while he cooked or offering to massage his arms when he was done.

All of this was blissful till my parents called.

And now I was out of the kitchen and plastered on a wall in the hallway with my phone held at an angle that wouldn't give away my surroundings.

Mummy and daddy bought it as the walls were similar to the ones in my room but Eros wasn't buying it and his brow was raised, face peering into the screen like he could tell the truth by just observing from a video call.

"What are those marks on your neck Amara?" Dad asked furrowing his brows, "Is Terren putting his hands on you?!" The next question came out as a low growl and I didn't miss the hand mum had placed on his shoulder to calm him down.

Orian's marks, oh my God! I was very sure my cheeks were turning another shade right before the screen, his grabs around my neck from the pool, and our mildly heated session in the kitchen. His finger and fang marks will still be prominent.

"I never liked the red-headed son of a bi" A warning stare was directed at Eros from my mother, "A biscuit, a cracker biscuit." He corrected himself and I stifled a giggle.

"Is there something you aren't telling us?" It was mummy's turn to ask and I could see the fear in her eyes and it made me sad. She thought I was suffering what she suffered years ago and not being able to speak up, "You don't have to hide anything from us, baby." She gave me a small smile.

"It's nothing mum, dad." I cleared my throat and nervously arranged my damp hair over the sides of my neck, "It's Terren's alright." I cringed at the fact that I was about to lie about getting immoral with Terren and not Orian, "But the marks are d-"

"Oh." My mum flushed shaking her head before I could finish my words, she understood what I meant, and what I wanted to say and dad didn't look comfortable with the information I had just shared. He looked like he was between puking and cutting off someone's head.

"I don't t-"

"Lycus behave." Mum rolled her eyes before he could complain and he gave her a cute frown, "She's an adult."

"I do not feel comfortable with this conversation." Eros chimed with a hint of disgust.

"It's too early Hermosa."

"I was about her age when you when we- yhunno-"

"TMI!" Eros wrapped his palms over his ears dramatically and made a gagging noise and I couldn't hold my laughter in this Time.

"A few years ago you were running around the castle with fluffy and mud stains on your dress from playing in the rain, you jumped on me and soiled my suit in the process a lot of times." Dad laughed finally accepting the fact that I was grown now, "And now you are all grown."