62

This was supposed to be the first update of next week but I was too excited and I decided to post it now😂

Amara's pov

Do you think this is violating his privacy? I questioned Cora while I wiggled my toes contemplating if to place my foot on the first step, he might be mad, very, very mad.

Look at it this way, he's our husband and soulmate. We are worried about him and even if he gets mad? What's he gonna do? She responded, and we are just going to peep to see if he's still breathing, we won't linger and do what we aren't supposed to, right?

Right! I gave her a mental thumbs up, puffed in a deep breath, and ascended the first step and then the second and then the third till I found myself on the other side, lingering in the hallway and damn it was dark.

I lit the candle in my hand that I had specifically requested from Aileen for this purpose and when I made sure the flame was steady and wouldn't blow out on me, I took my first step and began to explore the darkness.

                         I felt like I was beauty exploring the side of the castle the beast had forbidden her from. My heart rate increased as I carefully tiptoed trying not to get distracted by other doors because I had to focus on finding Orian's bedroom.

I held the roses I had for him tightly in my other hand and I tried to keep the candle steady on the other while wondering why I didn't just use my phone light.

After a while of sniffing and trying to trace his scent, I found his room.

I stood before the door debating within myself if I should go back to my room and lay in bed till he decided to come out or if I should go further and check in on him.

I settled for the latter.

I dropped the roses on the ground and pushed at the door to open it. I winced as it creaked and his scent hit me immediately as the door opened wider. I could see light streaming from the room and lighting up that part of the dark hallway revealing my shadow but the light was dim, too dim and I would have a bit of difficulty finding my way around the room.

I picked up the roses and stepped into the room quietly closing the door shut with my foot before standing there for some time checking if it was safe to go on after confirming that it was indeed safe, I straightened myself and looked around the room.

            It was much larger than mine, a lot larger than mine and it screamed, I house a king.

Its walls were grey and I could detect that even with the poor illumination because of my wolf sight.

There was a table and chair on the end nearer to me and I walked over there to place the flowers and candle. I could see few drawers and shelves pushed against the walls. A large bed had posts with a canopy and was pushed to the wall at the other end of the room between the two wide windows and then there was a dressing mirror and seat. The mirror was in a bad state, the glass shattered, and useless and I wondered how it broke and why he didn't get a new one.

When I looked back in the direction of the bed, squinting my eyes as I stepped further into the room. I could see Orian laying on the floor and panic rose in me instantly thinking about the worse. I went to him with the fastest steps I could take worrying about his state and hoping he was just sleeping.

I reached him, let out a sigh of relief and a small smile crept on my face as I watched him.

He lay on the floor, sleeping on his side with his head resting on his arm and the other hand holding a book. He was shirtless and I didn't want to peek at his back knowing it would hurt him to see his scars and so I settled for staring at him from the front.