73

Amara's pov

"Is it a date?" I asked with excitement frothing within me. I wiggled my toes at the possibility of my thoughts, "You know Aileen, we have never really been on a proper date before. So tell me, is it a date?!"

"Hold still your majesty." The strange girl standing behind me ran the brush through my hair and I winced at the slight force she used in trying to get the bristles down my tangled strands, "I am almost done."

"Come on Aileen." I tried not to turn in my seat not wanting the person doing my hair to get more stressed than she already was, "Is it a date?"

"You could call it that." Aileen raised her head after setting the tray she had held for the longest while on the table, "A date could be with a lot of people."

"What do you mean by that?" I scrunched my freshly plucked brows with caution.

"Nothing my dear," she shook her head waving my question aside, "You should have your breakfast snacks already, he woke super early to prepare this." She made reference to the tarts on the tray.

"That means it's a date." I giggled nodding in relief as the girl stepped away from me because she was done with my hair, "Thank you." I smiled at her and she bowed slightly, the others that had come in to help me get ready followed suit before walking out of the room in a single file having fulfilled their duties.

"Look at you." Aileen let out a small breath with lips curling in the tiniest of smiles and her eyes thinning with crinkles at their corners.

She came up to me as I raised myself from the stool and stood before the full-length mirror and I began to gaze upon my reflection as she emerged behind me placing her hands on my bare arms.

It was a gorgeous dress modeled just like my favorite dresses from back home. It was perfectly tailored to suit my figure but different and it was obvious that he had picked it out himself for he knew what I liked from stalking me for ages.

Red was the color as expected and the fabric had pretty flowers of a darker shade printed on it that gave it a simple yet luxurious look.

It was an off-shoulder gown with a modest neckline and the front part of the corseted area had a white fabric that stood out but fit with the red of the dress and I loved how it had a full flare at the waist.

It wasn't a gown you wore for just a date. It was a gown worn when meeting important guests, dignitaries, or people from royalty unless Orian just wanted us to be extra for the date that I guessed we were having or he was finally going to let me see my parents.

"That's it right?" I turned to Aileen gripping her hands while she looked wide-eyed with surprise, "He's going to let me meet them isn't he?"

"Who my dear?" She looked confused at my sudden exaggerated excitement, "Who?"

"It all makes sense." I let go of her and turned to the dresser to grab my red lipstick I opened it running it over my lips loving as the red coated the skin of my lips blending in exquisitely, "I woke up expecting to be cuddled by him which would have followed with a nice day but I got maids running all over and bustling over me trying to get me prepared which had never happened here. Although, I felt like a Thanksgiving turkey, " I laughed keeping the lipstick and bending over to put on my shoes, "It's all worth it, right? The extra preparation, the noise from outside which indicates more house staff which is strange cause Orian hates a full house, he's letting me meet my parents, they are coming over Aileen."

"Wait what?!"

Puppy Orian barked at my words jumping at my skirts and I bent to ruffle her ears while I relayed my excitement to her, "Mum and Dad are coming over, aren't you happy?" She jumped and wagged her tail sharing my glee like she understood my words.