33

Here is the update🥺

Amara's pov

I am never ever going to play temple run again.

Temple-run survival instincts do not apply in reality. Why I thought they did, I don't know. But I learned my lesson the hard way and it sucks.

You do not get the elation of running away from a monster, especially when it was grumpy Orian who could fly.

You do not get to jump over huge rocks and duck under huge tree branches effortlessly. You do not get to collect coins to purchase weapons but I did find an old sword lying around and I picked it hoping it didn't belong to a wicked fairy who would curse me. You don't get to fly and most importantly, you do not get an extra life.

A whine escaped me as I ran into another tree branch, bashing my head for the umpteenth time. Even with the day being bright and the sun spreading its rays across the forest, I was still clumsy as hell.

I moved like I was feeling my way around in the dark. But to be fair, the light of the sun didn't penetrate this part of the forest too well as I was surrounded by thick bushes and mammoth trees with their branches and leaves spreading like canopies above the earth.

The throbbing feeling in my head worsened and I halted in my tracks, leaning against a tree to catch my breath. My legs ached too from running barefooted and healing repeatedly. I didn't want to shift to flee. I felt like saving Cora's strength for later but first I need to get away from this territory.

I looked at the expanse of land before me, I was at a crossroad now. One path looked pleasant with the sun rays actually illuminating the thickets and the trees weren't as huge.

The other path was dark, and I would have compared the darkness to grump's heart if there wasn't little light filtering through the trees.

What path do I take? I wondered tapping my thumb on my chin with my eyes closed, I was deep in thought about what direction Orian would expect me to go.

He most definitely would choose the illuminated path since I hated anything to do with darkness, hence, I should follow the dim path. But what if he senses that I want to deceive him and follows the dim path because he could know I choose it to throw him off?

Tough!

"Okay, let's play a game." I dropped the sword and placed it against the tree, faced the crossroad with my arm out and forefinger poked out, "Out does this rhyme go again? Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, catch a-"

Are you serious right now? Cora grumbled interrupting me and I had to stop. I decided to continue again and I struggled to remember the rhyme, I most definitely have to substitute the words now.

Look what you have done! I snapped at her trying to rack my brains for the right words, Please be quiet I need to concentrate.

"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, catch an Orian by his cock, if he moans, let him go, Eeny, meeny, miny, moe."

I am very sure that's not how the rhyme goes Amara, Cora chipped in but I ignored her watching my finger which had ended on the brighter path, ugh!

I repeated the rhyme two more times and my finger still pointed to the brighter path in the end. So I followed it hoping that he would go in the dark direction thinking that I wanted to throw him off with that tactic.

Okay, Cora, time to shift, I stopped after walking for sometime and decided to give Cora control.

I pulled my dress over my head and carefully peeled off my panties. The ease of undressing in the middle of nowhere with no fear of someone watching you was remarkable.