74

How's everyone doing? Hope you all are okay and well?

Orian's pov

TW: rape, gore(inflicted wounds)

*flash back*

                 I struggled to get up the stairs, my heart pounding hard with each step I took and I could feel the weakness in my bones. I gripped onto my game, the dead fattened squirrels staring at me with their wide eyes like they were mocking me for the difficulty I was going through as payback for killing them.

I took in a deep breath and leaned against the railing, my hunting gun fell to the ground clanging against the step edges as I released it to clutch to my chest hoping to gain some composure. The urge to lay on the staircase and lull myself into sleep due to my weakness fought with the urge to run off to Akanther and show him my very first game and enjoy the proud look on his face when he praised me.

I got myself together, bent to pick up my gun and then I hung it, gripped tighter onto the game before pushing further up the steps, just then Nexus breezed past me, his victorious laughter ringing in my ears and echoing against the castle walls as he used his vampire speed to his advantage and I sighed in defeat knowing I had lost the race of whom will get to Akanther first.

I kept going never minding that Nexus is on his way to winning cause I knew that once I changed and healed completely into my vampire form, he would be no match for me.

The healers said they didn't know why my transformation was taking longer which was unusual but I would eventually get through the process. Going through it always gets me weak in moments where I use my strength like it did just now but Akanther assured me that he would find solutions to aid the process faster and I had to keep my hopes up even though I knew I was getting sicker by the day.

The game in my hand grew heavier as I went on and my legs grew wearier but I pushed forward knowing that his smile and validation would be worth it and so I continued to move, stopping to take deep breaths and trying to tail Nexus with the hope of getting to him soon.

                            I reached the office, a weary grin grew on my face as I pushed the door open and staggered in.

"I won and you lost!" Nexus pronounced in a sing-song voice when I leaned against the wall trying to catch my breath and blinking my eyes and my vision had begun to blur, "Are you alright Orian?" He called, his voice laced with worry and I could hear him take steps towards me.

"Yes." I heaved, trying to steady my breathing but my lungs seemed to compress the more I tried to loosen up, "just g-oin-g to cat-ch my bre-ath."

"You don't look good, I will go get the he-"

"No!"  I let out a strangled cry and managed to grab him before pulling him back weakly, "No need, I w-ill be fine."

"Okay." He nodded but he wasn't convinced. I couldn't let him call the healer or attract more attention that I was weak again.

Uncle Hector said it was a disgrace, my weakness.

He said if I was to be brought up as a royal, I should act like one and be strong. Me being sick all the time was a disgrace to Akanther's name and as a man I wasn't allowed to be weak, he made me know all these each time the healer left my room to get more herbs to help me and he also made me know anytime he was around me alone and I showed even the slightest signs of fatigue. And I knew he was right, at my age, already taller than my peers with a bigger build, being weak wasn't in the cards for me. If I wanted to be a strong warrior and do Akanther proud and also help Ares in ruling well, I couldn't be weak.