80

Thank you my dear readers for sticking with me this far despite the long storyline and no first kisses yet, I love you❤️❤️

Orian's pov

                    I let out a breath of relief from my lips as I carefully released a snoring Amara from my arms and laid her on the bed.

Her divine lips parted in a sigh the instant her body met with the soft white covers and she huddled closer to herself mumbling rubbish as she drew her legs up and wrapped her arms around her knees.

I stepped back taking in the sight before me and a smile graced my lips admiring her form, I am utterly whipped for this woman, the realization settled within me despite me knowing already and I think there should be a word for what I feel for her.

Her head was resting against the pillows, long blonde hair scattered across the headrests, her huge ball gown filling the space around her making her look like a blown-up marshmallow.

I reached down and released her knees from her hold, straightening her legs and she turned over murmuring my name and something about pie. I laughed taking her feet in my hands and massaging them tenderly knowing they were going to ache by tomorrow.

As I worked on her feet, my gaze rested on the diamond anklet that I had gotten her under the guise of a tracker.

I looked at it remembering my fear and distrust for her then thinking she would escape and leave me.

There wasn't a need for that now, I trusted her with every fragment of me. I reached out and removed the anklet myself as it had been built with the knowledge of just me knowing how to take it off.

"Sleep well lunny svet." I drew the covers on her, tucking her in to be as comfortable as ever and then I bent over dropping a long kiss on her neck right where my mark was and then my lips skimmed to her ear, brushing against it, "Dream of daddy, printsessa." I whispered with a groan as she reached out for my arm and clung to me. Her fingers wrapped around my arm squeezing tight and then she pulled me back making me fall against her.

"I promise to do anything to protect you grump." Her sleepy words floated through my hearing and they were immediately followed by a loud snore that made me burst out in laughter at how her actions during sleep never failed to crack me up, "Don't be scared of spiders, they are cute." She murmured again as I lifted myself from her and stood straight.

I reached out and placed my hand to her face, tracing the planes softly and memorizing every inch like I hadn't already had it engrained in my memory. I brushed her hair aside and bent to kiss her on her forehead and then her nose and after making sure she was well and comfortable, I left the guest room and made my way downstairs to where Nexus awaited me.

As I walked down the stairs, I thought about my predicament, our predicament.

It was already inevitable to me that I would die and leave her behind but still, I want to keep her and spend my last moments with her.

I wondered if that wasn't selfish of me, keeping her here and raising her hopes that we had forever together only to leave her after a short while.

A rough image of the life she would face after my demise flashed through my head and I could see her burdened with the responsibilities after my death, looking after the kingdom, mourning me, and as the case may be fighting for her life if the people suddenly didn't want her ruling over them.

I should send her back, and find an excuse without telling her exactly what was happening. It was the right thing to do, sending her back would be decent as she would have time to get over me and be with her loving family.