58

Here's another update.

How's everyone doing?

Amara's pov

"I think you were a bit overdramatic appearing with a mask over your face the night you took me." I traced my finger over his jawline and his arm tightened around me when the carriage bumped against stones on the way.

I much loved the silence we shared as we left but as usual, I broke it, seeking his attention and he had no choice but to pull me onto his lap as I played with his face and hair.

"You were seeing me with a scar for the first time, didn't want to make you disgusted." He blushed looking away and not meeting my gaze anymore, he feels bad about his scar?

So he cared about my feelings even then? And cared what I thought about his appearance? I smiled running my finger over the scar, marveling at it as I traced it from his jaw and up to his forehead where it started, "I love it, it's sexy."

He took the hand I had on his face, held it in his fingers, and brought it up to his lips. He kissed my knuckles with a smile and I shivered at the contact, gasping as the sparks rose against my skin.

And just then puppy Orian barked catching our attention, she jumped excitedly at the window and I looked to see that we had gotten into town and the sights caught her attention.

I pulled away from Orian's lap and sat back in my space, puppy Orian jumped in my arms immediately still barking at the window and I giggled looking out the window with her.

                    I could smell the vampires as the carriage rode through town aiming for our destination. I peered out the window, grateful that it wasn't so large that I'd be noticed in it. I gazed at the buildings, the people going on the streets making a living, some finding what to do to make a living. Kids played, running around and kicking the sand, casting pebbles with their high-pitched giggles filling the air and the adults just went about their day.

It was truly wonderful, what world they had created by themselves away from every other creature. They had their perfect world here, living in peace and thriving despite what had happened to them years ago.

We rode further passing by the familiar places I had been to when I first ventured here on my own and I smiled inwardly, remembering how strange the place had looked and how lost I had felt while also trying to keep my puppy out of trouble which wasn't quite successful.

"Why is everywhere so populated?" I asked turning to Orian who had been staring at me and he blinked immediately out gazes met showing he was startled like I had caught him doing something wrong.

"Some of the vampires came back home." He explained, "And we have new members, they are lone vampires seeking shelter and a clan."

"Clan?"

"Yea, you know, you wolves are in packs , we are in clans."

"What are lone vampires?"

"They are like stray vampires, the way you wolves have rogues and most of them are single, others have families."

"Oh cool." I nodded as the carriage came to a stop before a huge building that took the form of a townhouse but it was bigger.

"Stay here." Orian instructed leaning over to grab his stick from under the other seat, "I will be back, don't move."

"Okay." I watched him while stroking puppy Orian quietly.

"I mean it, Amara." He gave me a pointed look with a warning blazing in his eyes, "Don't move."