96

Amara's pov

Home is near...

I could feel it the instant I stepped foot in our territory and nostalgia hit me, overwhelming my senses at the fact that I was finally near home.

I looked above to see the tall walls of our royal territory in view with the snowflakes gathering dusting it and the moon casting on it, its glow.

I had missed the view for a while.

Ro and Mila, the two soldiers with me were also stricken with awe as we approached and I was glad that we got to my territory safely unnoticed as they were vampires because if we had been noticed while passing through other wolve packs to get to ours, it wouldn't have been pretty.

I pulled down the hood of my cape and stroked my fingers on my scalp, a bitter feeling lodging in my throat at my lost hair and even though I knew that I could grow it back, I still missed it.

I wanted to be recognizable the moment we approached the borders so the wolves on patrol wouldn't have to interrogate us and with my signal, we continued on our journey.

                         As we approached the borders, I led moving us forward and I saw the wolves on patrol, their gazes landed on us morphing from confusion to full blown shock the ones in human form had their weapons dropping from their hold while the others in wolf form stared awe-stricken, and ran off to alert the others.

We reached the gates to enter the pack grounds and without question, the barricades were lifted by awe-stricken guards as well wondering if it was me and I just offered a smile at them as I too was too overwhelmed to exchange words.

We continued into the pack grounds, it was past midnight and a lot of people were already asleep but the news from the guards seeing me had gotten out and a few came out of their abodes to stare. Their hands gripped their thick winter robes as they took in the fact that I was alive in the flesh.

As we went on, I could see our castle, where I had grown up and my eyes grew misty on approaching wondering where my parents were, my baby brother and my best friend, Uncle Andros and his mate.

I would see them soon, I would get to see them in reality and not in my dreams alone.

I will get to hug them and be with them.

Tears spilled from my eyes at the thought and just then as we got nearer, I could see the castle doors being pulled open, and out stepped my dad, his hand across my mum's shoulders as he held her out and my heart rate increased knowing that I had someone who cared for me like this but he wasn't here.

I quickened my riding as Eros followed suit and just then they gazed forward seeing me, climbing down the steps at the entrance of the castle.

They were before me now and not just in dreams, a few more paces and I would reach them, the emotions clouded me as I began to cry harder, tears of joy, and my heart beat faster with each pace bringing me towards them.

I stopped the horse and jumped down from it, my boots hitting the snow as I did, "Mummy! Daddy!" I screamed in their direction running towards them despite my weak state and the ache in my legs from riding.

"Amara!" They cried after me as well running towards me and just as I was about to reach, my vision began to blur and no matter how I tried to steady myself I couldn't.

I swayed to the side a bit falling to the ground with a thump as darkness enveloped me but not before I caught the blurry teary faces of my parents in sight hovering above me reaching out to me.

I am home....

_____

                            The room I woke in was familiar, an old familiar, and before I could open my eyes I already knew that it was my room. It smelt like roses, it smelt like old me before I became one with Orian.