14

Dress and mask a bit basic sorry

Margot
A few weeks pass by and it's a few days before the Masquerade Ball.

People were asking each other to be their dates, girls were shopping for big fluffy dresses and masks, the guys were forced to help make preparations for the ball and to decorate Hogwarts while also shopping for suits and masks.

The Masquerade Ball was all everyone was talking about.

Almost all my friends had been asked to the ball with grand romantic gestures which was sweet, but also annoying, because I didn't have a date.

——————

"So you've all already got your dresses?" Odeya asks us making sure we haven't missed anything.

"Yup. You can stop obsessing, Deya." Pansy reassures her, "Okay okay" she puts her hands up in surrender "You still haven't showed us your dress, M. You sure you still wanna keep it a little secret?" She asks.

"Yeah, I really wanted to see it but you just have to be so mysterious" Daphne sighs.

"Noooo, I just think it'll be better when you see it at the ball" I shrug. I couldn't help but notice Mattheo roll his eyes as I finished my sentence.

I haven't spoken to him much since, we had many more hookups here and there, but that was it.

I'm a bit bored not talking to him, we're always either arguing or bickering or— nope, that's all we do. I guess I've just gotten used to him, he's still his same bitchy self.

——————

We were all walking to sit down on the couch when Greggory Goyle, one of Draco's goons, stopped us.

"Margot—Black. I'd like to—ask you a, uh, a question!" he says nervously, "Okay..?" I glanced at my friends.

"Would you- uh- would you like to-"

"Like to what?"

"..go to the Masquerade Ball with me!" he says.

My eyes widen as that was the last thing I ever thought he'd ask me, he's never even talked to me, I don't even know him.

My eyes for some reason flickered over to the curly haired boy, who is practically staring into my soul with a cold face, waiting for an answer to come out my mouth.

"No." I say plainly.

"Oh."

I walk away from the boy and to the couch. Everyone does the same glancing at me. "What's the deal?" I looked at them.

"You just rejected him so bluntly." Blaise said, brows raised.

"I've never even talked to him. I shouldn't care about his feelings like that." I roll my eyes, "I can't believe I'm saying this, but be like Mattheo. He's not taking this weirdly." I gesture to him.

"Alright you made your point." Pansy sighs.

"It's not hard to reject. Lots of girls have asked me to the ball." he smirks.

"Wow, nice to know." I looked at him boredly, "It is, isn't it." he sighs proudly.

"Why'd you decline, hm?" I asked curiously. "Because they aren't the ones I particularly want." He shrugged.