45

Mattheo
It'd been a few days and I meant it when I told Margot I'd noticed great changes.

She was starting to talk more like her old self, she was eating regularly, gaining her weight back, most of her scars had started to heal, mainly the ones on her face.

Except the scar on the bridge of her nose. I thought that was cute because I had one too so we were like twins.

She also mentioned how the dark mark was affecting her. It made her sad knowing she got it unwillingly and she felt like she had betrayed her father. She most definitely didn't.

I spent a lot of time comforting her about it because I know how guilty she'd feel because she only wanted Sirius to be proud of her. I'm sure he is, I mean- she's amazing.

I don't know if my presence was enough to get her through all of this. I've been second-guessing it a lot. I know I can't give up on her, she needs me and I need her.

I will admit it has been boring being locked up in the manor, but it was so we could be safe from my father.

There was something I wanted to do, I knew how risky it was and how much trouble I could get us both in.

I needed to go back to Hogwarts. It's the only way I can find out who got us into this mess and what's gonna happen.

We haven't heard from Draco this entire week and neither have our friends, we're assuming it's not good. He's up to something and it's definitely got my father involved.

——————

..
The group of friends were sitting at their usual spot in the common room, studying for exams.

The common room was filled with students sitting around studying.

The common room doors opened to the platinum boy making a grand entrance, "party tonight everyone! Bring your dates!" He shouted and everyone started to cheer.

The group looked at each other confused, as they haven't seen Draco all week because he's been ghosting them.

He walked up to the group and took a seat smirking, "the hell? You haven't spoken to us all week and you're throwing a party?" Blaise looked at him concerned.

"Just trust me. All of you have to go to this party tonight, okay?"

"Is Isla gonna be there?" Pansy asked and he nodded, "yes I'll be there too. Not the entire time though."

"Why?" Theodore asked him and he let out a sharp exhale, "that's my business, Nott." He said and got up, leaving the friend group still confused.

——————

Mattheo
I didn't want to tell Margot that I was going back to Hogwarts, but I had to.

I put on some sweatpants and a hoodie. I went downstairs to the kitchen where Margot was eating a toasted peanut butter sandwich.

"Hey M I wanted to talk to you about something.." I stood opposite of her on the counter island. "Yeah?" She looked at me trying to read my face.

"I'm going back to school."

"What? Why the hell would you go back there right now?"

"I need to find out who did this to you- us." I looked at her now pale expression.

"It's obviously Adrian. He's the only one who knows about us and doesn't like us." She suggested and I remembered me threatening him in the hospital wing.