17

Margot
All of us had been questioned last week about the curse of Katie Bell.

We swore we had nothing to do with it, I suspected it was a task Draco needed to do, I kept that to myself though.

Harry immediately assumed it was him too, I don't blame him if he's onto Draco. Draco hasn't exactly been secretive like he's supposed to have been.

We were all walking back to Hogwarts in the snow, Harry and his friends coincidently in front of us.

We suddenly hear a scream and look ahead of us, Leanne is screaming at the top of her lungs and her friend, Katie Bell is several feet in the air, looking possessed. Actually.

"I warned her. I warned her not to touch it!" she panicked. She suddenly slams back onto the ground in her back and Hagrid walks up to her, "Don't get any closer. Get back, all of you." He shouted.

I curiously walk up near the trio for a closer look at the package that Katie Bell had touched.

Harry and I both crouched down and examined it, "Do not touch that. Except by the wrappings. Do you understand?" he said and proceeded to go back to the school with Katie in his arms.

Harry carefully picks up the package by its wrappings and stands up fully, "Need any help?"

"I'm all good, thanks. I'll see you later, though." He says kindly and walks past me as do his friends who glanced at me then turned back around.

"You wouldn't look very good in red, my love." Pansy holds my hand rocking it back and forth as everyone else follows behind her.

"What're you on about?" I snicker.

"Making friends with Gryffindors." she shakes her head disappointed.

"We've been over this hundreds if not thousands of times, Pans." I groan out loud annoyed.

"No she's right. You might as well join them." Mattheo brushes past me harshly.

"I'm only joking." she whispers locking her arm with mine.

It was now the weekend and we were all getting ready for Professor Slughorns dinner party.

Mattheo and I haven't really spoken since the Katie Bell incident happened. I hate how he's been treating me. That night, we were good, he helped me. Now, we're back at each others throats.

If I'm being honest, I've been ignoring him and brushing it all off. I'm still deciding my feelings.

I put on light blue baggy ripped jeans and a black jumper and put my hair up into a messy low bun, leaving a few front strands of my hair out.

Pansy and I decided to walk with Blaise and Mattheo. We waited in the common room for them and they came out a few minutes later.

"Thought we'd get here before you guys." Blaise smirks, "Because we're girls right?" Pansy crosses her arms looking offended, "I- what? No I-"

"She's joking." I playfully roll my eyes at Pansy nudging her.

"I knew that." He rolled his eyes jokingly and smiled.

——————

I was seated between Harry and Pansy. Blaise and Mattheo were just across from us.

We finished dinner and started on this huge dessert given to each of us.

"So tell me, Cormac, do you see anything of your Uncle Tiberius these days?" Slughorn looks to Cormac Mclaggen who is on his left side.