46

Margot
I sat there, completely wide eyed, finding out it was Isla this whole time. But why? How?

"Did she say why?" I asked Mattheo who was sitting in front of me on my bed.

"No but she was crying and apologizing. That's fucking pathetic if you ask me." He muttered.

"Imagine how Draco's feeling. He threw a party to distract everyone from what was gonna happen, then he finds out his girlfriend betrayed him.."

"Yeah, he must feel like shit. It wasn't his fault. I don't even know where he is, but Dumbledore is dead, and the death eaters have taken over the school."

"I hope he's okay. And everyone else." I sighed, tucking my knees into my chest.

"Well, my father wants to kill Potter and control the entire Wizarding world." He shrugged.

"I can't believe it's all happening. It's been months, but it's felt like longer than that." I took a much needed deep breathe.

I stood up and walked to the bathroom, I slowly undid all the wrappings and bandages on me, showing that they were healing better.

My death eater mark was still there. I hated to even look at it, I felt disgusting with it branded onto my arm.

"Look, we're matching." He appeared beside me and rolled up his sleeve, revealing the same tattoo on his arm. I couldn't hold back my smile, he hadn't failed to make me feel better even with what's happening.

My smile faded away when I realized—I haven't seen Harry. "Do you think Harry is okay?" I asked, anxiety pitching in my voice.

"I don't know. He's not at Hogwarts anymore. Why?"

"What if- what if he's been captured? Or worse-"

"M." He held my face in his hands. "If he was captured, I promise you we would know. I'm sure he's with that ginger and the Granger girl. He should be fine." He held his gaze at me.

I slowly nodded, hoping that was true. "He'll think I betrayed him." I said, a tremor of guilty building up inside of me.

"You didn't betray him. When are you going to stop worrying about what everyone thinks, and what you think instead?"

"I think that I betrayed everyone. I betrayed my father, Harry, my friends, you.." I looked down but he held my face back up.

"You didn't betray me. You didn't betray your father, Harry, our friends. Nobody. None of this was your fault. Do you understand?" He said seriously.

I nodded, more certain of his words. I let my head fall onto his chest, thinking. How could I not think I betrayed everyone I loved? I betrayed my father and Harry by having the dark mark, my friends by pushing them all away when all they were doing was helping me, and especially Mattheo, I-

"Ah Margot. Did you forget I can read your mind?" He chuckled, his chin resting above my head. "I feel like you're invading my privacy now." I frowned looking up at that stupid, cute grin.

"I want to go to Hogwarts. I wanna see how everyone is doing."

"Absolutely not. You're fucking with me if you think you're going back there. Especially now."

"Why not? You obviously can't go- look what happened last time." I gestured to his wounds.

"And look what happened last time you were there." He retorted, gesturing to my- everything. That hurt.

"Well we all have to take risks in life." I shouldered past him out of my bathroom.

"Well you aren't taking any risk that means you'll be getting taken away from me again Margot. I won't let it happen." He said behind me as I strode down the stairs.